Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Herbicide

darkhollow1

PMA Member
I am looking into planting a few acres of a clover, chicory, and maybe a little alfalfa blend of seed this summer. I have been reading a little about the Slay, Arrest and Poast herbicides for this type of plant. Just curious if anybody has tried any of these herbicides and what kind of success thay had with it? Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking into planting a few acres of a clover, chicory, and maybe a little alfalfa blend of seed this summer. I have been reading a little about the Slay, Arrest and Poast herbicides for this type of plant. Just curious if anybody has tried any of these herbicides and what kind of success thay had with it? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrest is a grass herbicide with the same active ingredient as Poast herbicide at 4 times the price
smirk.gif

Slay is a broadleaf herbicide which is the same basic product as Butyrac 200 (2, 4DB)

You cannot use a broadleaf herbicide on chicory or you will kill it.

Select herbicide is another grass herbicide that is perhaps a little safer on clover and alfalfa but is more expensive.

Here's some price comparisons : Clover herbicides

and check out the Herbicide thread for links to most of the different types of herbicides, sources and comparisons.

Slay is actually Pursuit but both (pursuit ans Butyrac) will kill chicory.

You can do a decent job of broadleaf control in a clover/alfalfa/chicory plot with mowing.

Top Bottom