Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Here we go again EHD????

Decatur county
1727309609828.png

That more aligns with CWD than EHD if you read up on the symptoms of each. It made it to Lucas County last year, so right in the neighborhood
That definitely crossed my mind. I had pics of him 3 days apart moving normally? No deer in the ponds. All other deer looked normal...I guess they die of all sorts of reasons(best case). My son killed a EHD survivor buck a few years back that was very thin like this but he went through hell getting there. Usually a blank stare with drool coming from their mouth. We'll see.

12 years ago we had pics of a nearly identical looking animal. Thought for sure he would've been dead 5 minutes after the pic. 2 months later the neighbor harvested the buck. In the harvest pics he looked full rut and perfectly healthy. A big 160+ 8 pointer. I was pretty shocked.

I think we as hunters are part of this equation by fear factoring one and other. Think about how many trail cameras each of you run today compared to 5 or even 10 years ago. Take that times the number of hunters in Iowa and that’s how many more trail cameras are being deployed. Throw in cell cameras, and a deer hardly moves without someone knowing it.

EHD hits us every year. Some worse than others. Just the norm now unfortunately……..

Top Bottom