Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hog arrow?

Big boars taste fairly nasty. 100 pounders are the best. Sows: they all taste pretty good. My favorite was a 160 lb sow. EXACTLY!!

I agree. Best eating wild hogs are right around 100lbs. That set up of hers should be no issue with a hog that size.

Her set up should do just fine. Are you hunting through an outfitter down there? The damage that these hogs can cause is mind boggling and for that I wish they could all get shot, however I know some outfitters make you take a certain amount and numbered arrows with you and if you come back missing an arrow they will charge you the price of the hog. It sounds ridiculous because they are a resource readily available of replenishing themselves, but I know that there are a few out there.

Yeah we are going with some friends that have been going for years! This is our first time. They go through an outfitter that charges you by the hog, maybe by the arrow, not sure. The wife is real excited about shooting a hog. I am more excited about good food with good friends!

Top Bottom