Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How far?

SaskGuy

Do you guys travel to hunt? I'm just wondering b/c I'm tossing around driving aways this year. Where I live it is one either sex, one antlerless but in Saskatchewan you can actually get a 2nd either sex tag valid only in the forest. Forest being solid timber, no farmland, no private property, some cutlines, lots of water etc.. I've never bought the 2nd tag due to time and gas $$ but am thinking this yr I may. How far do you guys drive on a daily basis?

240 miles round trip
mad.gif
My local spot is 60 miles round trip.
mad.gif

Under 40 miles roundtrip for weekday hunts, about 70 miles roundtrip on weekends, but that includes an overnight stay. However, once vacation kicks in, if I havn't filled my tag, I'd drive just about any where any day.

anywhere from 10 -200 miles roundtrip (the 200 mile one only happens for a 2-3 day hunt)

I drive around 80 to 100 miles round trip to get to my hunting spots. I was thinking about this today and I thought to myself that I was spending a lot on diesel!

wow, I've killed three bucks within 10 miles of my house. I guess i'm just lucky tho cuz we have a pretty big farm that I plant food plots on. It's easier to put in more hours in the stand if you don't have to drive an hour to get there.

Once we get to our 84 mile away farm, .75 mile walk to my stand.
grin.gif

Different farms are 45 and 30 miles away.

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

I am driving 100 miles one way Friday to go hunting
grin.gif
Then come late muzzleloader I will be driving 200 miles one way
blush.gif
but usually during bow season, it is about 40 miles round trip and sometimes the trip is made twice a day
grin.gif

Some of the responses are helping with the decision as this long journey to the forest is about 30 miles round trip, just alot further than what I normally do. If I can fill my tag on a good one here reasonably early then I doubt I'll sit the rest of the year out. 15 miles one way doesn't seem so bad.
smirk.gif

15 miles one-way is about what I will drive for every hunt this fall and I feel lucky with that.

Top Bottom