Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how many deer are you seeing ?

livtahunt

PMA Member
I know this year i have been seeing a lot less deer then ever before. My dnr friend told me every hunting group is telling him the same thing that the doe numbers are way down in are area i was wanting to know what everybody else was seeing in iowa im worried the greed from all the excess tags that the dnr won't back down on the number of tags
crazy.gif

Well I will tell you that they opened up a area that is closed except for late M/L and last weekend of 2nd shotgun season and usually the deer just poor out of there when I hunt and we seen a total of 2 deer and my wife got 1 of them.

I havent seen the #'s either, maybe because the 1st shotgunners shot them all
grin.gif

Took a drive around noon today. Saw quite a few deer running across wide open fields as the hunters pushed them out of the timbers. I glassed quite a few that were bedded down 500+ yards from the road in wide open fields. I think the numbers are down some in the area, but a person can find them if he hunts smart.

Sorry to hi jack this post. Just remember less quanity in most cases makes room for better quality
grin.gif
. It's that happy balance that we need to see. Would you rather see fifty deer in a sit and no mature bucks. or 5 deer in a sit and one mature buck? I enjoy watching deer as much as any but the site of a mature buck is what really fuels my fire. Back to the post. I have noticed less in a few areas but the same in most.

Actually seeing a better ratio this year but fewer deer. We (between the neighbors & I) have taken quite a few does off a combined 180 acres.

I checked with our local locker and there numbers are way down, however she said more people are bringing in meat to be ground then ever before. Most with comments that they didn't want to have to report them
crazy.gif

I've seen as many or more deer on one of my farms and about the same or a little less at the home place.

I see as many or more roadkills and car/deer reports in our paper as ever...

I also seen less deer this year.I have a doe tag for bow,but the only shots have been at yearlings that I passed on,also the same with shots at bucks that were all dinks accept one that did not offer a good shot.I stand hunt during 2nd season shotgun and had the samething,6- dink bucks together sat.morning and that was it.Had seen a few does with no shots available.Just not seeing the mature does?I live in town next to a bean field,and have a group of nice size doe's come out every night at 4:00 pm.I think I might have to get a urban tag for next year to get a mature doe.My luck it will be developed next year.
frown.gif

Top Bottom