Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

hunter's review

livtahunt

PMA Member
as i was going through my hunting stuff yesterday it occurred to
me that there are alot of products out there that just don't work !

i was wondering if anyone else has run across any products that don't seem to work or that is just to difficult to work with like the rattle boxes i have never seen a deer when i have used one of these things
confused.gif

I always got a kick out of the "pee in the tree" devices and the cough muffler.
jester.gif

I purchased a track (for movement) for a turkey decoy a few years ago that last all of 2 outings, I probably would not recommend that unit if you are even a little tough on your equipement.

hear ya on the cough silencer. My dad bought it for me for Christmas one year. Needless to say it hasn't left the truck. I would rather have the 20 dollar bill he spent for it and bought a doe call or something.

Api treestands. as long as you are not in them, they do not make a sound but if you decide you want to hunt from them, WD40 won't even help your cause. They squeak, clank, groan and whine. Now they are belly up as a business (only hearsay) due to some fatalities from stand failure??????? My review, they aren't worth the money spent...........

There is nothing that does not work for the right person at the right time. I'm just never the right person.

I learned my lesson of fishing junk like the Color C Lector..

If we hunt with our minds instead of cash we can do well.

I let my hunting buddy buy stuff first and I watch his response before I spend any of my cash...
grin.gif

Has anyone seen or used the "buck board" made by Primos? It looks similiar to a set of plastic rib bones and when you strike it with it's wand its supposed to replicate rattling or grunting. I have never used the product but they have used it occasionally in their videos and from what I have seen/heard I'm not impressed (the grunt sounds more like a bullfrog!) Although the idea is innovative, something primos is well known for, I just have a hard time believing this product ACTUALLY works.

-Renegade Archer

Renegade- I received this a birthday present. I wasn't impressed by the sound of the grunt call either. Didn't sound like a buck.

Turkey decoys. I've only ever had one turkey ever pay any attention to one. In all other cases they've seemed to ignore them, don't care one way or the other. Had a hawk sort of swoop at one once until he got closer and apparently could see it wasn't real. Best thing a decoy was ever good for was 5 curious deer that couldn't decide what it was. One went up to smell and nudge it, and then jumped about 3 feet and sprinted off into the brush when it swung around and bopped him in the nose.

I was never going to admit this to anyone but I think I deserve anything I get for this one... I bought into the "dead silence" locater call that MAD use to sell!
doah.gif
You absolutley don't know how silly you can feel in the woods until you grab one of these, blow on it, until you are red in the face and have your hunting buddy look at you like you have lost the last bit of sense you had!
wtf.gif
By the way I never had a damn thing answer and I lost it the first time out and never went back to look for it...
shrug[1].gif

Limb, I bought a $2.00 dog whistle figuring it was the same thing. It did not hurt so bad when I converted it to a key ring......
grin.gif

an underrated product that i have found to be awesome is Pit-Stop. It is a long lasting deodorant that will work for up to 2 weeks with one application under the armpits. I sometimes work real hard climbing vertical bluffs into my morning setups and this product will keep those pits from smelling. It can be found at screaming eagle

also like the looks of the new lighted nocks but dont know if they are legal in iowa?
dor

The range finders by Ranging. They triangulate (or attempt to) Spend twice the money and go electronic.
kickass.gif

Limb - you are a brave man admitting to falling for the Dead Silence call. Myself and another guy at work have laughed ourself silly more than once over this product and here is a forum moderator no less admitting to buying one.
jester.gif

I think if you adjust it a little and try it again it should work!!!!!!! If no turkeys gobble, why just keep adjusting it and blowing harder. It is only a matter of time. ( I'm killing myself here.)
smile.gif

I have a buddy I turkey hunt with and he's always buying gadgets. One morning I hear him working a new call and look over in the dim light and see this "thingy" in his lap and his hand pumping up and down. After a moment of "what the heck is going on"
wtf.gif
I figured out he had one of those Pump Yelpers that Deadeye mentioned. Well, the hunt was over for me, I got to laughing so hard at him working that thing I couldn't hold my gun up not to mention no turkey would have ever come in to me laughing or his yelping.

Daver,
Yea I know. It is a great laugh though. I like the keychain idea... and BW, no...no...no.... it is not a dog whistle this was a special locator call you couldn't just use a dog whistle... not the same...
waytogo.gif
wstupid.gif

doah.gif

another potential candidate......just seen it in the latest Bowhunting magazine......a rear view mirror for your treestand........it's called of course the "Deer View Mirror"
icon_rolleyes[1].gif
hmmmmmm.......how many should I order????

What will they think of next. I would guess with the invent of all the decoys, we will soon be seeing a buck riding a doe, kinda like the jake on the hen. You never know, it may work

Top Bottom