Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting blinds?

are you guys using the silicone as an insulation strip that the window doesn't stick to? If so, do you lay the bead then close the window until it dries and hopefully doesn't stick the window shut. :). Has anybody tried to insulate the inside of a roto molded blind. I use the Sportsmans Condos and like them and the price, but the windows leave a bit to be desired.

are you guys using the silicone as an insulation strip that the window doesn't stick to? If so, do you lay the bead then close the window until it dries and hopefully doesn't stick the window shut. :). Has anybody tried to insulate the inside of a roto molded blind. I use the Sportsmans Condos and like them and the price, but the windows leave a bit to be desired.
I have never applied silicone to a blind yet. However, based on input in this thread, I do intend to apply a bead of silicone above the windows, where the rubber/plastic gasket meets the hard exterior shell of the blind on the leaking Grizzly that I have.

I do not envision the silicone being in contact with the window/glass at all.

Top Bottom