Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If at First......

Husker

PMA Member
you don't succeed..... Shoot his little brother.
grin.gif
806MVC-001F-med.JPG
The morning started out great with multiple birds gobbling around me, but none close
frown.gif
. After fly-down, I had a pair hung up 100 yards north of me but they held their ground and walked off around 0615 with a hen or two. At 0645 a gobble to the south of me sounded promising, and at 0650 there was 2 gobblers running down the same trail that I shot my bird off of last year. Here's where having a memory is a bad thing. I knew he was 55-57 yards away, last year I shot thinking it was a poke but not knowing truely how far it was. They stand there for approx 30 seconds and a hen comes running up the hill and joins them. One last gobble and he turns around and voice in my head says "Shoot him, you've done it before" so I pull the trigger.... As all three jog off no worse for the wear the other two Toms to the North gobble once at the gunshot and that's the last gobble of the morning. 2 setups later I'm sitting in a sun puddle thinking bout a nap watching a couple of squirrels play when one of them jumps up a tree and is looking at me... I call once just to see his reaction and a hen yelps behind me about 10 yards. Now I know what he's looking at, a slow turn of the head and there she is with a Jake for company. I'm pretty much in the wide open cept for the tree I'm next to, they look around for 2-3 minutes and start to feed and wander away. When they get behind a fallen log I spin around the tree and get the gun up, next step and he's doing the upside-down bicycle.
Not the biggest bird in the woods but he'll be good eatin.
waytogo.gif

16 lbs
5" beard
.25 spurs... er nubs

time to go buy a tag for 5th season, and let the big guys forget about this mornings isolated thunder...
smirk.gif

No shame in that, the family has to eat!
grin.gif
You'll get big brother I'm sure. Congrats on a great hunt.

[ QUOTE ]
No shame in that

[/ QUOTE ]

A jake is still a wild turkey as much as a long beard. Congrats!

Slim, yer doin' alot better than me ole buddy.
applause.gif

On a positive note, I actually had a bird gobble back at me yesterday afternoon.
bigshock.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Slim, yer doin' alot better than me ole buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that!
blush.gif
grin.gif

Congrats !
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom