Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm done.......

JNRBRONC

I'm done pheasant hunting for the year. I try to get out at least once each year. The many hours I spent in the deer stand observing wildlife paid off today. I took a one hour walk, missed the first rooster, fringed the second and dropped the third.
done.JPG

I had a plan for a bird if I got one, pheasant Fettuccine Alfredo.
pheasantfetti.JPG

I didn't tell the boys what they were eating and half way through the meal I got the question: What kind of meat is this? It wasn't in a bad way, they liked it, just knew it was a little different than chicken.

I wish the pheasants well during the rest of what could be another long winter.

Looks tasty!
The way my deer season has been so far, I'm thinking about calling it quits for the year and chasing birds and bunnys. Just as good eating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shovelbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
chasing birds and bunnys. Just as good eating. </div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I have not been this year at all. Numbers aren't so hot around here, would have to walk a few miles to get 1 bird I'm afraid. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pheasant Fettuccine Alfredo </div></div>

Making me hungry Randy! Wish we had a few more birds down this way but it's pretty tough hunting round these parts.

Great picture too! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yummy! Do you cater?

The 'Bonker </div></div>

To hell with catering is there any left overs. Looks good. Never thought about doing pasta with wildgame. Thanks for the idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yummy! Do you cater?

The 'Bonker </div></div>

NO MOUSSE FOR YOU!

(In the best soup Nazi voice I can muster; you have to be a Seinfeld fan to get it).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO MOUSSE FOR YOU!

(In the best soup Nazi voice I can muster; you have to be a Seinfeld fan to get it).
</div></div>

My son has every Seinfeld DVD I think...so I get it!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Nice work, Randy! I'll have to try the alfredo, I've branched out from the normal fried phez nuggets this year to pheasant & noodle soup, and pheasant marsala. Both were pretty good.

I love eatin' those things!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jonny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love eatin' those things! </div></div>

you love eating ANYTHING.....

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSQ2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great pic! Is that your place in the background? </div></div>

Nope, as 16point pointed out, it's the neighbor's house/farm. Most of the ground over to it is mine, though.

Top Bottom