Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa harvest reports

i am from LA, and this is myfirst time ever coming to IA. two friends i came up last week to visit my cousin. hunting there is unbelievable. very different from back home. we all shot 8 pointers, but we couldn't find my deer. i was filled with disgust when i had to give up. i looked for two days. the blood trail was great for about 200 yards, then it just stopped.
the biggest deer was 16 inches inside and 253 pounds. the biggesyt my friend has ever killed. the other guy killed a very young 8, but it was his first deer ever, and it weighed right at 200. i couldn't believe how huge these deer are. we saw some monsters too. the two biggest had 20-23 inch spreads. they were a big 10 and a main frame 12 with a mule deer kicker off of a G-2. also saw an 11 point with about a 17 inch spread, it had 5 brow tines. i plan on goping back up there right after X-mas, hopefully i can fill my tag with the big'un.
Iowa is absolutely the most beautiful place i have ever hunted. i will be back soon.

i am from LA, and this is myfirst time ever coming to IA. two friends i came up last week to visit my cousin. hunting there is unbelievable. very different from back home. we all shot 8 pointers, but we couldn't find my deer. i was filled with disgust when i had to give up. i looked for two days. the blood trail was great for about 200 yards, then it just stopped.
the biggest deer was 16 inches inside and 253 pounds. the biggesyt my friend has ever killed. the other guy killed a very young 8, but it was his first deer ever, and it weighed right at 200. i couldn't believe how huge these deer are. we saw some monsters too. the two biggest had 20-23 inch spreads. they were a big 10 and a main frame 12 with a mule deer kicker off of a G-2. also saw an 11 point with about a 17 inch spread, it had 5 brow tines. i plan on goping back up there right after X-mas, hopefully i can fill my tag with the big'un.
Iowa is absolutely the most beautiful place i have ever hunted. i will be back soon.

I returned home monday night after the 19 hour drive! Had a great time in Iowa hunting and visiting family and freinds.
Managed to harvest a nice 10 pt. with my recurve 16 1/4" inside spread with good mass. He was the largest I seen while hunting there. So even though I was hoping for betterI'm very happy with this deer, it was great coming home and hunting brought back lots of memories!
I don't have a picture of the whole deer but will get pictures of the antlers developed today and post them when I do.
I was very pleased with the way I was treated by everyone and had plenty of envites to come back to hunt other property.
Just getting drawn again will be really tuff.

Congrats Dennis! It's been a great year for hunting, nice and cold and even some snow,it doesn't get much better.

tlhs.jpg

Took a nice 11 pt. sat. eve.nov. 11 at 4:15 pm.Came in with two does and circled around down wind ,he did not wind me and made a scrape at 16 yrds broadside in front of me. i took my shot which went a little high. I thought i missed because the buck just walked off like he wasnt hit.After a half hr.ilooked for my arrow and found it had compleatley passed through but no bllod trail.I decided till wait till next morning and found hit 150 yrds away.Rough score 152 gross 148 net 190 lbs field dressed.Its been a great rut and season!

Top Bottom