Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IOWA - I Love You

Ghost

Life Member
Take it away guys...what do you like about living in Iowa? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My feet are planted in Iowa dirt for good!!!

837cedar.jpg

What a great place to raise kids in all the seasons! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Oh, we like the Catfish'n too!

837Gabe606.JPG

837erinsquirt.jpg

837kidshrooms.JPG

8370414071.JPG

837yote3.JPG

837duck063.JPG

8372006erin2.JPG

837kidcombo.jpg

837031806shed1.jpg

Great Great post Ghost! There is just something about Iowa.... I love it here as well.

I have never lived anywhere else but I would find it hard to believe that there is a better place to raise a family than IOWA. Not to mention all of my good friends and my kids being able to grow up around their grandparents, the change of seasons and of course the deer, turkey, duck & goose hunting aint bad either. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I always say that you can take the boy out of Iowa but you can't take the Iowa out of the boy.

I'll be back for good some day.

Excellent EXCELLENT post Mr Ghost.

Starting the year off with a little shedding and turkey hunting, and when things get boring there are plenty of critters to legally chase in the back yard.

LoveIowa2.JPG

LoveIowa3.JPG

Hopping right into summer and a little back country road driving to find the next wall hanger.

LoveIowa1.JPG

Spend a little time using trout for what they're really meant for... BAIT.

LoveIowa5.JPG

And right into bow season. Give me a sunrise over rolling hills of corn and beans any day.

LoveIowa4.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take it away guys...what do you like about living in Iowa? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My feet are planted in Iowa dirt for good!!!

837cedar.jpg

What a great place to raise kids in all the seasons! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Oh, we like the Catfish'n too!

837Gabe606.JPG

837erinsquirt.jpg

837kidshrooms.JPG

8370414071.JPG

837yote3.JPG

837duck063.JPG

8372006erin2.JPG

837kidcombo.jpg

837031806shed1.jpg

</div></div>

Great pics and good looking family.

If I ever move from Kansas, it will be about 250 miles north and about 100 east. Only difference I see in you fellas' life and mine is colder winters (which I would consider a plus for you) and much better deer regs. Oh yeah, we've got better football (just had to mention that one --&gt; BCS bound baby!) /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif As I've said on this site many times before, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

Where does one start? For me, I was born in Iowa, grew up in Iowa. Tried to live somewhere else (Minnesota), but there is no place like home. God's Country! My family and friends live here, I met my wife here and I will raise my family here. We're one of the top states in the country for education, low cost of living, agriculture... and of course deer hunting. Where else can you plow dirt as black as coal? Deer are plentiful to the point you can harvest multiple does and have a fair chance at a mature buck every year? Hell, even if you live in the middle of the city, you can drive to your local park and see great wildlife including 180"pup bucks.
We have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation with plenty of opportunities for jobs. It's still a place where law and justice prevail over crime for the most part. If you don't like seasonal changes, then Iowa definitely isn't for you. If it weren't for the hot humid summers blended with snowy freezing winters, we wouldn't have the wildlife and agriculture we do. Iowa is amazingly diverse, socially, economically, ethnically, and geographically. Not to be too extreme, but love it or leave it.
IA.JPG

I love Iowa cause it's just doggone pretty... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Pretty snowy this morning!

12-28-07Snowstorm.jpg

Just plain pretty when the sun comes up kisses the ridge in the fall

Earlymorningridge.jpg

Pretty peaceful on an October day

771Oct_morn.JPG

Little wild during a summer storm!

AugStorm.jpg

Ok...early summer in Iowa is just pretty beautiful!

771Deer_in_yard.jpg

Pretty serene in early spring (I can almost hear those gobblers...)

771May_2005.jpg

I know God paints the sky other places...but I love the way He colors Iowa skys! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Redsuninmorn.jpg

WinterSunset.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Iowahills.jpg

Sunset11-8.jpg

Suncominup.jpg

Been around some...Maine to Washington...we live in a might beautiful country...but Iowa suits me just fine!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> awesome pictures! </div></div>

What he said.

Great post Ghost.

I love Iowa cause all the a$$holes tend to move away.

Anybody can live where its warm and sunny year round. I love the challenge of an Iowa winter. If you aren't prepared it is your own fault. It takes a fair amount of self reliance and fortitude.

If a person is a monorecreationist, i.e. scooter rider, than Iowa isn't for them. The four season recreation potential in Iowa is fandamtastic.

I tell myself if I won the lottery I'd have a house on the beach, but I know that would get old too. So if I won the lottery I'd buy me a nice chunk of good ole Iowa dirt.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a person is a monorecreationist, i.e. scooter rider, than Iowa isn't for them.
</div></div>
Ahhhhhhhhh I beg to differ Bonker! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Great Post Kent, love all the pics everyone posted too!! Iowa kicks ass! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif There have been alot of good people born and raised here. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a person is a monorecreationist, i.e. scooter rider, than Iowa isn't for them.

</div></div>Ahhhhhhhhh I beg to differ Bonker! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

Dang it, I knew somebody would miss my point. I spose I kud splain it ta ya, but I kaint. Wull, mbey i kud:

I guess if you live to ride and ride to live 365 days a year then Iowa may not be the place to live, or ride.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom