Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Is your area dry??

Looking at my property,,no laughing matter....I am not surprised about prices.. Coarse things can change,but June is supposed to be thee wettest month of the YEAR,,in Iowa...If dry starts now already,,only gets drier come July and Aug. A few months ago I read one forecast that drought was expected. Some said July, others said Sept . Guess both were wrong on the Month,,but not on the drought. From who has posted on here, so far guess shows the south has the problems..

Good news or farmers! If they have anything to sell? Farmers north of I-80 I guess. Or NW Iowa,,that had a flash flood warning going this week!

Gonna have to learn to do a rain dance soon!
IMG_20160616_183406501_zpsr67fsdin.jpg

You got it there! We, down here in south Central Iowa are officially designated as in a FLASH-DROUGHT, by the Nat-Weather Service,,,a cute term for,,IT's DANG DRY! From my records, this area is chronic in this regard. Now I know, every Summer some areas are wet,,some are dry. Some get a storm,,some miss. But this area of SE Iowa,NE-MO,South Central Ill, has this happen most frequently. My wife and I drive between DesMoines and Ottumwa every week. Have done this for the past 11 yrs. DesMoines area had a bad drought, think back 2013. Lasted month and a half after the 4th. That one took us in down here eventually too. But that was it. On the other side, I have experienced these Flashes 4 times in those yrs. This will make 5. Something about I-80 in the Summer time. Best area to see Convection...

Sure praying for the farmers and anyone else who depends on the rain for their income. Also hope it doesn't get bad enough for the deer o start getting EHD.

If drought is the promotion of it,,then no doubt it will, "Go again". Not certain what praying will do anyway. Good Book says,,it rains on the Just and the Unjust. Same goes for it don't rain. Haphazard nature, of a Fallen World...

For those who care,,across S-Iowa, there now seems a smidgen of hope the Ring of Fire will hang up some where near southern Iowa. Providing focus for a couple nights of storm complexes. I have see these set ups miss us to the south. Have seen them quite a lot hang up near Omaha. There is a chance though. Before there was little. Cross fingers and toes.

If drought is the promotion of it,,then no doubt it will, "Go again". Not certain what praying will do anyway. Good Book says,,it rains on the Just and the Unjust. Same goes for it don't rain. Haphazard nature, of a Fallen World...

Drought doesn't cause it but it is more affective when there is a drought. Also God hears our prayers. Not saying He will answer them the way we want but Elijah prayed for God to send rain during a long drought and He did.

Good point. He heres,,and usually says,,as he did to Paul, "MY Grace is Sufffcient for you". I know this site is not a Bible Study!

Very, very dry for this time of year. Longest days of the year with extended sun make it worse than Aug/Sept.
Curling and blue corn in spots already, out of water.
Need a weather change soon.

Again looks like the worst across southern Iowa down into MO. Almost 18 days now almost 100% Sun, and 90's each day. As Kansas City Weather Service puts it,"There is a glimmer of Hope in this Endless Mid-Summer Weather". that old Ring of fire is supposed to get going this week somewhere across Iowa. Lets hope it is across those that desperately need it!

My radar check shows the rain a ways west of me yet...but...headed the right direction. Come on clouds!!:D

Top Bottom