Jeff Foiles!

buck160

So does anyone know what is going on with him? I heard something about getting caught on camera going over the limit.

[The bell rings] DING DING DING Round two! I guess not being a duck hunter, I don't even know who this fella is or what happened to him. I will stop at that.

I'll go for this one....Hunting waterfowl is my JOB! and I have met him many times...BUT, REGS ARE REGS!! I have not heard one thing about this so I am scratching my head still....Whenever I have met him he has been a "satnd up guy"!...But now it's time to pump him some tickets!

Definition of "STAND UP GUY":...What you think you know.

I don't know anything but hear say. I do know a person who was going down to hunt with him that has since canceled the trip. Rumor I heard was DNR got someone in and has a list of infractions over a 3 year period. If the rumors are true I have heard he may be done hunting for a good long time!

I REPEAT, I DO NOT HAVE ANY IN STONE INFO. JUST RUMORS FROM SOME TRUSTED FOLK! I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF SPREADING THEM NOR DEFACING MR. FOILS!

If my info is wrong, please accept my sincerest apologizes in advance!

NOPE! You started the whole thing! Now thats your A$$ Mr. Postman /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Double, the info I got from rumor is the same as your rumor that you caught. That kinda sucks, I liked his videos and as T said he is a stand up guy. But the law is the law, thats to bad to see a TRUE LEGEND of the sport go down in a bad way. But once again I think he deserves it if it is true. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT THE TRUTH IS ANYMORE. Apparently celebs get some sort of pardon or something from MODS and ADMIN. (I shouldnt have added that but kinda had too)

All he has to do is get to 5 points and he loses his liscense for a year...once you pass the 5 points it go's on and on from there..It take ALOT to get banned, but when he got to 5 they then probably started more points bird by bird (which is 3 a peice)...Yikes!

1-5 points.....1yr
5-9 points.....2yrs
9-12 points....3yrs
12 and up... 5yrs or whaterver they feel like doing. Another one that NOBODY knew! Oh ya, the only one who can give you point information..is Steve Dermant.. he is the only person in IOWA that handles EVERY IOWAN! another retarded move by the DNR.

You cannot find this info anywhere else in the WORLD!

T, I am, or was not aware of the point system. I heard his violations crossed many states, and that he could potential being done hunting for good. Again rumors, but The way it was explained, he had 2 staff members that were undercover DNR and they were with him for almost 2 or 3 years. Sounds like a book of violations. Before hours, after hours, over the limit, Heck I even heard Multiple limits! Sad to here, but if it's true, I imagine they will make an example of it!

Again, mine info is only hear say!

I wonder how the arrest went down.. cause if thats the case he would have entered a jail with no doubt!..I bet someone got knocked out!

Dude, that sucks...NOrmally they don't travel UC for that long unless it's to get a group of people....and that takes place on the East coast alot, where Waterfowling is a living.

Makes my heart hurt!

I hadn't seen to many of his videos, but id think he was a pretty ok guy! Limb, I think you are right. My source(LOL, I now have a source) said DNR was undercover, but thought the feds were who made the case. That didn't make sense to me, but I am lost a lot.

The Feds don't pursue or involve themselves in a Waterfowl case until there has been Multiple violations in the US...Like on big waters, with big numbers..Until the DNR shows evidence they will not step in...They don't want petty stuff.

Thomas,
Jeff Folies is a blue collar guy that was taken under his wing by Tim Grounds maker of one of the first short reed goose call (modified olt ps 50 I believe later). Grounds taught him a ton about how to make a goose call. Folies learned all he could learn and went out on his own. There was bad blood between the two don't know anymore but they bolth make a couple of the best short reed goose calls produced today and they know how to use them. I also believe, not that it matters that Jeff has done a little time.

Back