Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

kansas

Has anyone ever deer hunted in kansas? if so what would be a good area with good public land to put in for? next year i'm putting in for kansas and Iowa. 2 states that i want to bow hunt in the future. When is the deadline to apply for iowa? is it in june or july? thanks fellas

I hunted KS before for many years. I had permission on a few really good private farms by knocking on doors. It was really good and some of my buddies hunted the public down the road and that was excellent as well. In ALL cases, public & private, the pressure went way up over 5-6 years and the quality of hunting went down through-out that time as well. I quit going because it just got to be too many people. I think further west would alleviate some of that though.

Overcrowded public areas, there aren't any "secret spots" tucked away anymore, but Dor has proven, if you hunt hard, smart, and patiently (he had hunters bust his sets numerous times) you can still arrow a giant. Keep in mind too though, Dor is either the luckiest man alive, or he is one heck of a public land hunter!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Kansas has been way overhunted in the last 4 years if I were you I would look into Wisconsin southwest corner lots of big deer coming out of there.

PM Iowa1 he has been to Kansas a few times in the last 5 years. He may be able to give you some insight as far as looking for an area.. And I think Limb was there last year but I know he had private ground to hunt.

Top Bottom