Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Land Values up 10%

bjkpharmd

Higher increases were seen late in the year so increases varied in surveys depending on when the survey concluded. Higher corn prices seem to be driving the bus, we'll see where it goes in 2007.
2006 Land Values

[ QUOTE ]
we'll see where it goes in 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a pretty good idea...I just can't see it going down or even leveling off anytime soon.

I heard grain quotes being given for spring delivery of corn to river elevators for as high as $3.76
bigshock.gif

Anybody looking for ground better "get er bought"!!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That is a record for Iowa farmland prices, and it marks the fourth consecutive year of increases.

“It’s just a really hot market that we’re in right now,” explains ISU economist Mike Duffy, who conducts the annual survey of the state’s farmland values.

Duffy says much of the 10 percent jump came in the last two months after corn prices skyrocketed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I heard grain quotes being given for spring delivery of corn to river elevators for as high as $3.76
bigshock.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is nice having a bunch of corn at the elevator!
grin.gif
Only tough thing is deciding when to pull the trigger.

It sure makes a guy wonder who is just starting out in life, How in the H E double hockey sticks he is going to afford 100 acres of paradise somewhere
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Randy- $3.76 is pretty much B&C class based on the last 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know.... I would be doing at least partial sales, but my business partner leans towards all or nothing windfalls.
shrug[1].gif

I'll keep pluggin away at my day job.
crazy.gif

3.76 wouldn't be a hard decision for me. Thats like owning a $10,000 truck and someone comes along and offers you $20,000. You'll turn it down, kick yourself in the a$$ later and sell it for $5,000. I see alot of farmers get greedy with their iowa gold.

$3.41 October delivery right out of the field to a nearby Ethanol plant for 2007 crop. I'd say land prices will tend to go higher yet, especially on acres that are near or close by delivery points like this.
Percentage sales of 2007 crops are looking very good right now.
grin.gif
grin.gif
.Hold on to it for over-run bin storage. No way!

[ QUOTE ]
It sure makes a guy wonder who is just starting out in life, How in the H E double hockey sticks he is going to afford 100 acres of paradise somewhere
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure part of it's tillable ground...and buy yourself a corn planter!
grin.gif

Seriously...I know what you mean...felt the same way once upon a time.

I worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day for a long time to get the ground I have now
crazy.gif

Of course that was like working "part time" compared to when I milked cows
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who says marriage has to be for love.....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Any of you fellas switching from planting plots to cash rent? I bet rent is going up with corn going higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Highest rent (reliable source anyway) that I have heard is $240 somewhat close to an ethanol plant. Really was never going to be "plot" ground though- too productive.

Seems a lot of the hunting videos show fields of beans and corn being left for the deer. Guess it may test the dedication or pocket book of some. Looks like we are getting an ethanol plant on northern edge of our county so land just got more out of reach for me. Most is over $3K per acre now to buy, $125 for rent.

Most of the groung here goes for $200 acre or more. Highest bid I heard last year was $237 an acre, we'll probabley be seeing some crazy prices in the next couple years.

Top Bottom