Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Latest harvest

Shredder

Life Member
After a very rewarding season, I thought it could get no better figuring the harvest gods would let me harvest no more. Upon inspection of some of my hunting gear in the basement, I found that rodents had thier way with my turkey vest and blind. After locating .22 birdshot in town, buying some victor traps and a petzel headlamp, I was lucky enough to kill these darn things in one evening. Tracking was nonexistent as the birdshot gave them lethal lead poisoning up to 5 steps. Call me wasteful if you would like but my freezer is full of deer meat so I tossed these in the ditch............
rambo.gif
2guns.gif
flame.jpg

933latest_kills-med.JPG

Yup! patience, persistance & location. Reminds me of the time I chased a skunk around the pasture with a loader tractor tossing round bales at him.

Deer hunting blues = boardum

Hunt on All4s

SHREDDER........THAT IS A WASTE. I HEARD THERE'S GUYS THAT TAKE A ITTY BITTY KNIFE AND SKIN THEM OUT, THEN STRETCH AND TAN THEM, AND MAKE LITTLE FINGER WARMERS OUT OF THEM..
bigshock.gif

ON SECOND THOUGHT, FORGET IT,I THINK THOSE GUYS WERE FROM WISCONSIN......
busted.gif

Hey everyone I have a large grain bin outside my house, I'll charge minimum price for Iowawhitetail members on guided hunts. No daily bag limit, however trophy fees apply
evil.gif

good shootin' Shredder. so, you threw them all away, eh? i'm sure Blind Sow will nail you to the wall for the "want and waste" law!!

speaking of finger warmers you have 11 rodents there, one for each finger on your hands and the smallest one for your...
evil.gif

wtf.gif
Leave it to ol' goat humping Muddy for a remark like that.
bawling.gif
That is just hurtful. Actually, I thought about making a mouse hair hat to keep by bald head warm in the winter.

Birdshot that sounds too easy. Should have used a pellet gun with darts or a blow gun. Even the bow with blunts would do. I have a couple under my belt from our shed. Got them with the pellet gun shooting a BB. Hitting them on the run is the best. More kills than I got all year. Nice going.
waytogo.gif

want a challenge come to where i work. i killed a booner mouse using 1/4 inch threaded rod while it was running around amidst a dozen pair of chest waders, boots, shoes, & other assorted crap!!

i like that rust stain to the left of the handgun where Shredder has been leaving the
beerchug.gif
cans.

I think the big one on the left might make pope and young. Better get him measured.
grin.gif

The pliers stain is classic!

Muddy, I thought for sure you would classify these species for us. Looks like 4 grey colored and 7 reddish brown.

Shredder, you might want to grab a can or two of expanda foam and take a trip around your basement, no, on second thought you look like your having a lot of fun.
rambo.gif
biggun.gif

the light brown ones are definately deer mice and the darker ones may be their cousins the field mice or darker phase colors. don't know scientific names, sorry.

time to let hte banana dance

Your right Muddy the tan ones are deer mice (Peromyscus maniculatus). The dark ones are European house mice (Mus musculus). Knew that field zoology class would come in handy some day...
waytogo.gif

shredder - good idea...banana dancing and all...
waytogo.gif
grin.gif
back to iowawhitetail now.

greywolf in college i sadly did metapopulation studies on peromyscus. we would catch the little buggers and then insert a PIT tag into them and do catch recapture ratios and a bunch of other crap. i wanted to kill them all. i hate mice. the coolest part was catching the ground squirrels and normal squirrels and tormenting them in the traps. the other mice we'd get but we wouldn't do much with them. also trapped voles and shrews. i hated them too. why they didn't give me a fish study i'll never know. mainly cuz i wasn't afraid to cut toes off of mice for marking them for recapture while the wimmin in my class were. my professor dubbed me atilla the hun as i would gladly mutilate animals in the name of science.

oh great, post 2000 takes me back into my rodent rangling days.
busted.gif

Top Bottom