Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LESS DEER?

andyhunts

I've been hunting Webster county and can't believe how many less deer we are seeing this year over last year. There are a few bucks but the doe numbers seem to be so low I can't believe it. I was wondering if anyone else is noticing this or if it is just in our area. I'm wondering if we are allowing to many antlerless tags. In five hunts I have only seen six deer, and only two does. This is quite a change from previous years.

I spent the last 3 weeks hunting in Iowa and Nebraska and I saw about 3 bucks to every doe in Neb. where I normally see 10 to 1 does.
Iowa was even worse ( in terms of does). I think I saw 4 or 5 does in a week but alot of bucks.

Good news is I got my buck in each state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: andyhunts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been hunting Webster county and can't believe how many less deer we are seeing this year over last year. There are a few bucks but the doe numbers seem to be so low I can't believe it. I was wondering if anyone else is noticing this or if it is just in our area. I'm wondering if we are allowing to many antlerless tags. In five hunts I have only seen six deer, and only two does. This is quite a change from previous years. </div></div>

Good managment should reflect lower deer numbers and while a 1 to 1 ratio is unlikely...heading in that general direction is the while idea.

Lower deer numbers takes some getting used to although we haven't even turned the tide down here in SE Iowa. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">although we haven't even turned the tide down here in SE Iowa. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

this is the truth, havent noticed a drop in numbers down there.....

Top Bottom