Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lime

Fulldrw

I have been trying to find some pelletized lime to put on my foodplot with my fourwheeler. Well today i talked to a guy that said that they had granular lime, would that be the same as pelletized lime? Thanks

Depends on who you talk to as far as what they call it. As long as it is granular you should be able to spread it with a spinner spreader. When we had a couple spots too small for the lime truck- I bought a few bags at Mennards.

Tedrow Trucking from Cantril did my latest plot last year, lime, trucking, and spreading ~12 tons was $200.

Thought I'd mention this- messy but effective I guess. Heard that a couple guys were loading ag lime in a cart to pull behind the ATV- one guy drove and the other sat backwards with a leafblower blowing into the cart to spread it.

Fulldrw, what was the price on the granular lime and for how many #s?
The local Ma & Pa lawn and garden store wanted around $10 for a 40lb bag, way overpriced. Anybody know about what it runs at Menards, etc?

The lime was around $5 for a 40 lb bag, I am going to pick up enough for 500 pounds b/c that is what the fertilizer man said I need on this half acre plot. Hopefully i get it spread tomorrow, i was planning on using my buddies pull behind spreader but something is messed up on it and it won't spin when pulled so i guess i have to resort to my push lawn spreader. That will suck a little but good thing its only 1/2 acre plot which is smaller than my yard.

[ QUOTE ]
Fulldrw, what was the price on the granular lime and for how many #s?
The local Ma & Pa lawn and garden store wanted around $10 for a 40lb bag, way overpriced. Anybody know about what it runs at Menards, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I've seen lime at TSC for $5 a bag also TP, been awhile though. I often buy a lime P & K mix in bulk spreader (by the ton) from the local Golden Furrow elevator.
Might be worth asking about if one had a larger amount, although most of ours is spread on via a lime spreader truck. (crushed limestone which I think is the granular form)

Top Bottom