Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for story behind this pic

fishorhunt

This picture may have made the rounds already but I'm not sure of the story. I rec'd it on Friday with this text attached.

'After 25 years of trophy deer management these folks found out they werelosing their lease. They went buck wild and I don't blame them.'

Anyone know the story?

Buck_wild.jpg

I've seen this also but had never heard that story.
Maybe Travis will clue us in. Sure looks like Central Iowa, second from the right. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I count more bucks than hunters? True you can get more than one tag as a landowner but not for the same season...

This was posted a few weeks ago. Some of those bucks are already shoulder mounted. If the story is true, about their land "getting taken from them" so they went buck crazy, then thats a pretty cool deal!!! I bet people who hunted it the next year werent too happy!!!!

I count about 26..?? Has to be from a few years ago to be from a firearms season doesn't it. Wasn't the whole state covered with snow and ice for the shotgun seasons this year?

hmmmm..........that is a WHOLE lot of 8 pts. no non-typs. i'm going to call it photoshop. all the racks look the same, if you look real close

I cannot comprehend how a group of people could even kill that many decent bucks in a yr. Is that b/c I live where driving a deer is impossible due to the amount of cover.
That picture blows my mind.

I would love to know the truth behind this also. That is a pile of bucks. It makes me sick to see this!
At least have the decency to get a good photo. Lay them out nice and proper so we can see them better! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Looks like a few whoppers in there.

Rumor has it they were all taken with a single drive. They ran them off a cliff like Lemmings! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I agree with the point that there all mounts. Except for about two of them in the bottom row. Only one leg in the whole pic and no blood at all. The one on the top middle you can see its a shoulder mount. Still an impressive bunch of bucks.

I think some of them are full body mounts. If you look at the leg sticking out on the right side of the pic it is sticking straight out. A dead deer's leg would not natually do that. Same with many of the ears which are in position that they would be when mounted, instead of limp like a dead deer's. Some of them appear to have glass eyes while some of them have closed eyes.

I would be willing to bet a mortgage payment that it is a combination of mounted and dead deer.

IMO- The reason youre not seeing any legs is cause they are under the leaves.. The tops ones have been pulled on so the legs are tucked under them and aren't showing. The eyes are open in lots of dead deer and they are too far away to tell if they have that glazed over effect or not.. Dead deer are not limp... rigor mortis.

As for photoshop it is possible I guess, thats a pretty good one if it is..

No one said they were mounts in this picture, cause you can see the legs in the bottom deer? I dont see blood here either? Look pretty similar to me.
DSCF0055.jpg

My guess they just had a slaughter fest, anyone and everyone- surround em and shoot em, and if it was because they were losing their lease, they are very sore losers.

There is better things they could have done like cut down all the trees good for treestands on primetrails or boobytrap the place large holes covered with leaves /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif , but not kill all the deer...

Top Bottom