Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for story behind this pic

Looks awfully warm there for them to be frozen solid. Looks like mounts to me. Usually when it's freezing a$$ cold and deer freeze solid the people around usually aren't standing in light weight jackets with no hats or ball caps on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot2Kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awfully warm there for them to be frozen solid. Looks like mounts to me. Usually when it's freezing a$$ cold and deer freeze solid the people around usually aren't standing in light weight jackets with no hats or ball caps on. </div></div>

Yeah that is true..
I was thinkn that not all the deer were shot in one drive though. Some may have hung over night or something.. I shot a doe this year and left her lay over night and she was stiff the next morning, and it was 80 some degrees when I shot her.

I don't see a single tongue hanging out and every deer I have ever killed it was.

And I also think that I could do this exact same thing just by takeing the 20 largest deer that come in to the locker Sunday night of Iowas 1st shotgun season and stack them up and take a couple of pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrewCrewOutdoors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No one said they were mounts in this picture, cause you can see the legs in the bottom deer? I dont see blood here either? Look pretty similar to me.
DSCF0055.jpg

</div></div>

BreCrew, Not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic, but I see at least 3 deer in this pic with blood on them, and at least 2 with their tongues sticking out.

I was bein serious.. I guess I do see blood on one of em. But taht stiff leg in the first pic looks like it has blood on it too. To take a good pic though, I usually tuck the tongues back in, most guys on this site do.

I guess there is tags on each one of them too.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif but I really dont see why someone would pile a bunch of mounts and dead deer up and take a picture? That dont make sense..

As far as the first pic goes, if it is real, my first thought was that it had to be from a high fence place. Where else could that many big bucks get shot from the same place? I don't care what state your in, I have a real hard time believing that many giants were living on the same place let alone those people being able to shoot them all in a short enough time frame to be able to put them all in the same picture.

Why would someone spend all that money to get full body mounts and then throw them down in the dirt? any mount for that matter. They were probably taken over acouple days, it doesn't have to be freezing for a deer to stiffen up. I could see were maybe one or two of them could be seen as mounts, but not all of them. Anyway, if the stories true, good for them.

Rifle, shotgun, bow or photoshop ... either way it looks like a great time was had by all!

I think they just wanted a picture with all the family and the deer they've taken over the years. Look at what they are wearing, nobody would wear all that after hauling all those deer out of the woods, plus stacking them on what looks like a warm day. If you compare the two photos the second one all the deer have half shut eyes, and mouths hanging slightly open. The top picture all deer look groomed just like the people in the picture. So thats my 2 cents worth, I think it looks like a good idea, nothing like family and hunting.

In the latest issue of deer and deer hunting there is an article about how many decent bucks you can expect to have on different size properties. The author talks about his 250 acres and it's not that many bucks. You would have to have QUITE the acreage.

What about the one on top with the neck straight up and ears laid back? Smells like a pile of mounts to me. Look real close!!!

Skip...it would be a bit more believable if you would just splash a little blood on them! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom