Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking to buy trailcam....

squ1rr31_

Brother in Bone
Just kind of curious, I've owned a DeerCam brand 35mm trail cam, got some decent shots just never put it in the right spot. Curious about digital trail cams, I hear a lot of good things about Cuddebacks, I'm not really willing to spend over $300 for one though. Are the ones in Cabela's for $199-250 any good? I'd really like to get into something solid and I like the digital aspect. Any thoughts???

I have expensive Cuddeback, shop I bought it from said they like the Moultries just as well (and they sell both) BUT the Moultrie is HALF the price. More guys can comment on Moultrie, I am sure they will.....
I am so-so impressed with my $400 cuddeback, for the money I think you could buy 2 others for $400 and be just as happy with each, if not MORE HAPPY.

Search on Ebay you can buy a Moultrie IR Gamespy I40 for 199.99 with a 2GB SD card, camo cover and free shipping.
It's easy to use and takes good pictures, look at my post New Camera.

I forgot to mention "Coach" is also selling the new Scout Guard 550 IR Camera for around $200.00 you can PM him here or me and I'll give you his cell.

JB
5e67_20.JPG

I carry the Moultrie line and would be happy to help you. I currently have the I-40 ($195) and the I-60 ($285). These are infrared and I've had great success with them. The ebay deals tend to be better, but if you have a problem with it, you also tend to be stuck.

PM me if I can be of any assistance.

a lot of the guys have seen my pictures and yeah they turn out great. and I have 7 cameras. All were purchased at Walmart. Each were 100 dollars a piece. Whatever you are willing to do you wont go wrong by getting a digital. good luck

If you are really worried about money, get the wild view extreme 2. They take great pics and batteries seem to last a long time. The trigger time even seems to be great haven't had too many shots of rear ends with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cottonfoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are really worried about money, get the wild view extreme 2. They take great pics and batteries seem to last a long time. The trigger time even seems to be great haven't had too many shots of rear ends with them. </div></div>

I bought my first cam this year and it was this one. I replaced the supplied sdcard with a 2G card and both times I've checked it I had over 450 pictures (cattle occupy this pasture/timber during the summer and they like apples too). Batteries are on their third week. I wasn't concerned about the money part, just didn't want to wrap up $300 in a camera and then find I didn't have the time or ambition to get it checked regularly. Boy was I wrong, Saturdays can't get here soon enough so I can check it. I'm guessing I will have a few more cameras in the near future....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wal-Mart is selling the Moultrie D40 for $70 in Osceola!
</div></div>

Sweet deal! I'd buy one if I was in the market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nannyslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wal-Mart is selling the Moultrie D40 for $70 in Osceola!
</div></div>

The last Moultrie I had was complete junk! 6 volt battery life was horrible, wouldn't take pics half the time, trigger speed absolutely stunk!!

It was a $100 at wal-Mart... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Are they different now? That one had the sleep mode so you had to have it on a corn pile or salt lick or it was a waste of time.

I have 7 homebrews that work great so I haven't followed the latest in the cam market so just wondering if Moultrie corrected all the flaws now? I know at the time a lot of folks were returning them..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

tree,
I am behind the moultrie I 40's and I 60's 100%.The best battery life of any camera on the market.I have 4 and they just plain they pictures!

I traded a predator...dont even ask for a mew moultrie i40.

I'm a big fan of the Moultrie I 60. Very good camera if you ask me. The D 40 is supposed to be a decent cam. It takes 6 (I think) D cell batteries.

I had a moultrie and it lasted one year. But I have also had the same problem with other cameras. Hopefully the technology is improving to make them last longer!

Sounds like maybe they have corrected some problems but I'd still have to compare trigger speeds. Not an issue unless it's actually being used as a trail cam... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I never had a problem with pic quality

I would like to hear from someone using the $70 model...after using it 6 months and thru bitter cold weather?

Hard to beat the price if it works well /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I was just looking at the D40 on chasin' game and it sounds like they have a lot of their problems worked out?? They talked about having a stack of them versus 1 cuddeback as far as price is concerned...

dbltree - I agree with you in that I would like to see how they stand up in November through January.

I suppose cameras are a lot like bows...everyone has their preference according to how they perform for their owner.

From the looks of things around here, homebrews seem like the way to go.

guys,
just so you know...I get nothing for saying what I say about the moultrie i40.
I have every camera known to man.....
cuddeback
moultrie hombrew p41 with a yeti board
predator
wildlife eye

all of them on camera sticks right next to each other...apples for apples here you go.
moultrie has the fastest trigger speed hands down.
I love the cuddeback
the p41 takes the best QUALITY PIC OF THEM ALL.
as for the predator....bottom of the list, I gave mine away for a new i40.
cant get cell scout to send us 2 cameras???? how can you run a company when you cant get product to the customer.
every excuse under the sun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I would like to hear from someone using the $70 model...after using it 6 months and thru bitter cold weather?

Hard to beat the price if it works well /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

I've been using a Moultrie D40 for quite some time now. Had it out last winter and never had a problem. The 6D cell batteries easily last me a month with over a 1,000 pics in that time span. There are some things I don't like about the cam, but I would still buy another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hard to beat the price if it works well /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

I've been using a Moultrie D40 for quite some time now. Had it out last winter and never had a problem. The 6D cell batteries easily last me a month with over a 1,000 pics in that time span. There are some things I don't like about the cam, but I would still buy another. </div></div>

Cool! The one I had used the 6 volt and it just plain sucked!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom