Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Made a mistake. ML season done.

moosehunter

PMA Member
Late yesterday I was in my stand and watching a 145-150 ten pointer 100 yards out in a field. He was and OK deer but I thought I am gonna wait and see what else comes out. The previous Wednesday I watched two booners in the same field and liked my chances of seeing at least one of those deer again. Sure enough a bit later a large frame 10 comes out 250 yards away with another smaller buck. I looked him over pretty good and guessed him to be close to 170 inch 10 point. Great brows, good length, good mass and out past the ears. Eventually they made thier way into some corn field stubble and started heading my way single file, the bigger buck out front. With the daylight dwindling fast they finally reached a spot in front of me, maybe 75 yards. I raised the gun and layed the crosshairs on the lead buck and fired. Both deer took off but I was sure I killed him so I hiked back to get my truck and some light. The deer only went 30 yards but I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Between the time when I raised the gun and found the deer in the scope the 1st buck must have stopped and the second walked past him to the front. With a picked corn field as a background I couldn't see the antlers, they just blended in with the corn. Although I'm happy the lord blessed me with a deer it is certainly not one I would have taken normally. I didn't measure him yet but he would be 140 tops, maybe more like 135. I did get him weighed and he was an even 200

7409point1-med.jpg

Still a great hunt and you have that in your mind for next time. Now you can concentrate on the bow stuff. Congrats

Well look on the bright side you shoot a really good looking buck and the couble bigger ones will just be even bigger next year.

boy , I dont know about anybody else but, I really feel sorry for ya............................. <font color="blue"> </font> ..NOT...........

The big ones are the big ones for a reason! He probably sensed danger ahead put someone else on point! Good buck nevertheless!

Top Bottom