Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Midday action?

This is in MN

Sat all day yesterday, saw one during mid-day. My son saw a shooter 10 at 11 am

Saw one first light. Now I'm back in the stand till dark.

Been in a stand most of yesterday and today. Saw a 3yr old 10 with a doe in a picked bean field noon Friday. Just saw first shooter at 3:15. Not midday but early afternoon. Doe made an L path by me. Got to 20 yards. Sure enough here comes her boyfriend. Think he takes her path? Heck no! Cuts the corner and never gets closer than 75 yards.

North central Iowa- Sat dark to dark in the same stand yesterday and today. Midday hours were slow at best. Does don't seem to concerned about the bucks yet.

With the midday reports on here, I decided to try a spot and stalk yesterday afternoon. Got within 35 yards of a young 7 pt (probably 1.5 yr old). Think he was bedded, and got up and walked right go me to about 5 yards. Never spooked (upwind from me), saw me, turned and went around me. Then heard some rustling, so I got ready for an older buck or doe, but it was a coyote. It saw me before I could get the bow up. I changed direction to go around a couple draws into timber thinking the way I was headed was probably flushed out by the coyote. Got into the timber, and the 7 pt comes trotting by me at about 5-10 yds! Saw another small buck later. Was hoping to have something cruising thru the timber, but no real movement. Dang leaves were pretty noisy too. Probably should have waited for a rainy day.

Literally as I am reading this thread at 11.20, I hear crunch crunch. See antlers,and put the phone down. A busted up 8 point strolls by. Probably a 3 year old. Third buck I've seen since 10 am.

Big ole bruiser 10 cruisinghard at 10 am. First deer since 8. Biggest framed buck ive seen on hoof. Was so interested in his doe trail he was following he never dtopped to my loud grunt call or the horns

May have missed the movement yesterday. Saw several deer in open fields on the way. Looked like bucks following does. Haven't been able to check cameras lately, but mid morning to noon has shown some movement in past years.

My cams show all the mature bucks still hitting scrapes at night. SE Iowa. Not much to report from the treestand.

Dark to Dark Saturday and Sunday. Had movement during midday both days with a only mature shooter at 12:30 yesterday. came to within 35 yards but never offered a clear shot. Bow in hand and ready to stick him. Then he Crossed water where seldom have seen, guess the big boys always seem to be "lucky". One of best days I have ever had from the stand without tagging. Must have seen 20+ different bucks on Sunday and about half that on Saturday. Helped that I had a hot doe around me yesterday. Buddy watched one get bred 2x on same farm. Quite a weekend.

Saw a nice buck the other morning at 11 am as we were leaving our morning hunt. Was on my way home for lunch quick today and saw a dandy standing out in the middle of a hay field ... couldn't see any other deer with him but was tough with the terrain he was in. He wasn't cruising tho, he was just on his feet. Never moved a muscle for about 5 mins of watching him.

Action packed from sun up to 9am and not a deer since. 10 does and 7 bucks. Just moved the setup about 400 yards so hoping to find one cruising this afternoon. SE Iowa

Top Bottom