Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Military... considering retiring in IA

True. ^^ I don't know enough to say what the number really is...but very few of the big boys I know of that have been taken over the last several years are registered anywhere. I would guess maybe only 10%-20% get officially recorded?? Whatever the real number is though...the "stats" are way low to what is actually happening in my experience.

I too think the "one buck rule" could really make a difference here in Iowa FWIW.
I'd say <5% go in the books. I don't persoanlly know a single person that enters deer.... and alot of big deer.

Congrats on the retirement and relocation. I have a few family members that have/are 20+ years in the military. Not enough people truly understand or appreciate the dedication and sacrifice that requires. Thank you, sir. I hope you have many successful years on your new property, looks like it's off to a good start.

Last edited:
Congrats on the retirement and relocation. I have a few family members that have/are 20+ years in the military. Not enough people truly understand or appreciate the dedication and sacrifice that requires. Thank you, sir. I hope you have many successful years on your new property, looks like it's off to a good start.
Thank you! Much appreciated. It was a very rewarding career but after 24 years I'm definitely loving that I don't have to leave my family as often. We are loving all aspects of living in Iowa. It's a great place to be!

Top Bottom