Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minimum amount

Now that's a toss up your screwed either way.

I would think if it is an outfitter with a lot of ground and a good reputable outfitter with an age restriction that that would be a benefit.

Side note: I am against outfitters

I've found that no matter how big an acreage u buy after time it shrinks. my first farm was 60 at first seemed big after few hunting seasons go by it seemed small. my point is u don't need a huge farm to kill big deer u need right farm with the right neighbors. I've killed numerous deer 150+ off my little 60. it got my foot in the door in that neighborhood and since have purchased another 40 just down the road. start with what u can afford in the right area and make that spot better via food plots and habitat work then maybe save and add on with another farm in the area. best of luck

Public worse than outfitters IMO. Completely unrestricted chaos going on. Outfitters, you got guys who "paid for a deer" and better get one and your young good gen bucks get slayed even with restrictions. Most outfitters run way too many guys through. Some are good but rare.
Personally, I wouldn't wanna be any closer than a mile from either scenario. I'd avoid Public, outfitted areas, Missouri border & a few other scenarios like the plague. Honestly, my best neighbor would be someone I liked and trusted that managed how I did that was an out of stater with a large tract.... Low pressure & you know every year there isn't gonna have 8 bucks whacked out of it. Or a guy that hunts alone or with 1-2 people but also owns farms in other areas (low pressure as well). I'd strongly look for areas with larger land owners. makes for so many less hunters than areas filled with 40's, 80's, 160's. Even if they are good managers, really hard to have top notch ground with that many groups and landowners.

Last edited:
Top Bottom