Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monsters Under Pressure

I'd probably end up in the back of someones truck loaded with slug holes as I would still be on the prowl looking for does in heat.......

If I were smarter, I would find a large switchgrass/big bluestem field and plop down in the middle of it and hope nobody torches it to flush me out.

I think i would have to agree with the deer doctor, who said they lay on the far edge of a field in a dip or valley with the wind in thier face. that way they can disappear without ever being seen. for the most part anyway. &^rocket

I would also go into the middle of a corn field where the grass valleys run through them. I would lay tight to where my antlers didnt show much. I would go on a diet and only eat at night.

I wouldn't care where I was laying. Those slug hunters wouldn't know I was a deer unless I was running all out.

Would probably hide inside one of the massive culverts running underneath in Interstate, highways, seen some big ones under dirt roads too.

Im gonna find a farmer who leaves his machine shed door open and hunker down behind that old poppin Johny he never gets around to restoring.

jnr ur description sounds just like our place or across the road from u and that was exactly wut i was thinkin!

josh

Run out in the wide open grubbed off blue grass pasture and lay among some farmers cows with my head down
smile.gif

The DOT has a nicely planted 1 acre thicket of evergreens and shrubs between most every off-ramp on I-80 and the actual interstate. I've always thought that would be the ultimate hide-out if you could just keep from getting squashed by a semi. Some of the DOT's windbreaks along I-80 look pretty cozy too. No wonder the interstates are littered with carcasses!

timberpig, i was on my way to the local watering hole, one evening during second season, and saw dozens of deer in one of those very spots. i made a few calls, but i don't think anybody went to check on it the next day

I would bed down in a brushy fence row next to a cattle feed lot.

Most hunters avoid shooting around these areas at all costs.

At night I would jump the fence and fill my belly with corn and protein pellets out of the gravity feeder.
grin.gif

I would live in the woods that im hunting now, because I sure the heck haven't shot one of them yet
grin.gif

I'll go where I always see them, middle of a flat corn or beanfield, 400 yards from the closest timber or fenceline so no one can get to me, ohh and I will bring three or 4 does with me, that way I have all the necessities.

And after the season is over and old man winter sets in I'd move into some guys yard and feast away along the grossbeaks and bluejays at his bird feeder. I'd be kind enough to leave my sheds behind as a thanks for the winter feeding.
grin.gif

The closest nuclear power plant property. The one near my home has quite the supply of well aged venison. Little things like federal law and military fire power keep them safe and happy.

Have any of you guys ever thought to yourself, "man, if I could only ask the cows where he's at!".... I swear, what a stupid cow must see out at pasture in it's lifetime!

Top Bottom