Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muck Boots

timmys3431

What are everyone's thoughts on muck boots for stand hunting? Anyone use these? Looking to buy a new boot to keep my feet warm this fall. I got all the socks liners, socks and ect. made from merino wool...just looking for a new boot.

They're good boots.. I'd also recommend looking into under armours boots. I bought a pair last year and my feet stall warm in the stand without extra socks

I've read complaints about the UA boots durability. Haven't read a review of the muck boot that complains about the durability. But good info, I'll check into them some more.

I've read complaints about the UA boots durability. Haven't read a review of the muck boot that complains about the durability. But good info, I'll check into them some more.

I haven't had a problem but they have great customer service and if a shoe rips or blows out all you have to do is take it in and they'll replace them free of charge

Had Under Armour boots the interior ripped out sent them back and got a pair of Muck Pursuit Supreme and have not had an issue with quality but my feet get cold in all boots so no help there sorry

Check out the Frogg togs 1200 gram Mossy oak. Cheaper than Muck and more comfortable in my opinion. Very warm too

I will put a vote out there for the Muck Arctic Pro. I have run a pair for 3 seasons now and still in great shape

Has anyone see the archery talk thread where Muck had a fund raiser and donated $2000 to HSUS?

Lot of people not buying Muck any more.

Muck Arctic Sport for me, but would like to step up into a warmer boot as these are probably better for walking/stalking hunts. Also they have several years on them, so the insulation is probably worn out some. I used to use the green Northern boots (I think), and these are definitely better, but that might not be saying much.

Great boots overall. I have the Woody Elites (2 pairs actually). 1 pair I use exclusively for whitetail stand hunts. The other pair is used for everything, turkey when its early season, waterfowl etc. That pair is 5 years old now and been thru the ringer. Not a single leak in them thou and they are very warm. I hate wearing extra bulk in socks and these allow me to wear a single pair.

Kratz

I will put a vote out there for the Muck Arctic Pro. I have run a pair for 3 seasons now and still in great shape
This is the boot I bought a couple years ago. My feet seem to get cold a little faster now days and these are the warmest most comfortable boots I've worn. If your feet sweat like mine do sometimes when walking in, roll the tops down until you get to the stand or where you'll set. I tried several other brand name boots but Muck boots will be my choice from now on.

Muck boots are good boots. The pair I own have a neoprene portion on them which I thought may hold scent...so I dedicated these boots to waterfowling.

For deer hunting I wear La Crosse Alphaburly 1000g boots. I love them.

Mucks are excellent, I have two pair, the woody armors are sweet, rubber all the way up rather than neoprene uppers that tend to wear with a lot of abuse, and they work well in cold weather too.

I bought the Muck arctic pro last summer and used them last season. I was very satisfied with them. Very comfortable and for the most part my feet kept warm. Although some of the colder November days my toes got a little cold (I swear it doesn't matter what kind of boot that will happen to me), but I got socks with a pocket for a hot hand and just put one in before you climb up and you are good to go all day on the coldest days. If you are walking in a longer ways or wearing them in the first part of October they will be to warm actually.

I have the muck woody elites....although I am very happy, they don't make it for me into late nov/dec. feet just get too cold. My next pair will prolly be the alpha burly's. Remember to buy a shade big for the option to put foot warmers in. I was kinda in between sizes with the mucks so went with the tighter fitting one....well can't wear much more than reg socks in them.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

If you're ordering a boot try and get somewhere and try them on 1st. A tight boot is a cold feet boot. Sometimes 1 extra size isn't enough with cold weather boots. I had my heavy wool socks along when I was trying on boots to make sure I had extra room.

I have had a pair of Arctic Sport Muck boots. They have been completely unsatisfactory!!!!!!!!!! I have worn them very sparingly. The top separates from the soles. I have had them repaired by a local professional cobbler. They are separating again. I will NEVER buy any more of them.

I never cared for Muck boots before and would definitely not buy them after the HSUS debacle.

I have tried the Cabela's boots and they are pretty decent. Really like the Lacrosse boots, they are very comfortable and great if you have to do a lot of walking.

Most decent insulated rubber boots (800 grams or more thinsulate) paired with a couple pair of wool socks keep my feet warm down to about zero. Colder than that and I break out the Sorels.

Top Bottom