Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Hunting-Related New Years Resolution

WVBOWHNTR

Well, yesterday was the end of a very "off" hunting season for me here in West Virginia. Between the rain and warmer temps while I was on vacation in mid-November, I never got into the groove as far as patterning the deer on the two farms I hunt. I did take a basket 9-point that had some cool shovel points on it's right base, but it was not the buck I had been hoping for. Throw in an inconsiderate landowner on an adjacent property during rifle season, and it just wasn't my year.

Ended the season on a good note, doing some drives with a couple of friends during the late doe season. The second to last drive pushed 23 deer in my direction. I dropped the Encore's hammer on this hog-bodied doe as she came bouncing down the field toward me. She'll put some steak, pepper stick, and sausage in the freezer.

12-30-ML.JPG

I plan to scout harder this offseason, especially this winter while there is snow on the ground, keep the trail cam out all summer to see what is happening on the farms I hunt, work with one of the landowners in planting some food plots,and hopefully get back into the swing of things next October.

Anyone else have a hunting-related resolution for 2007?

[ QUOTE ]
put some steak, pepper stick, and sausage in my freezer

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep working on the above
cool.gif

Well, at least you put some meat in the freezer (which is more than I can say). The sun went down tonight on my seasons, and left me holding two tags. I still had fun, but it would have been nice to be able to let the wind out of a mature buck.... Oh well - 2007!

Top Bottom