Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Iowa whitetail

what are deductions?all the deer i ever shot can only be added up.congratulations on a dandy.

Someone correct me if wrong, but from what I understand is that the point that is busted off is subtracted from the total score by the length of the other G2. So if the g2 is 8 in. you subtract that from the total score. Then all the other points that are not supposed to be there ( junk on the bottom) are also subtracted, so if the three little points are 2 in. each you would subtract 6 in. for a total of 14 inches. Is this right, I’m just learning myself.

the score is just a number. a number that has nothing to do with how great of a buck that is.

congradulations

wow! Not sure how i missed this post, but congrats on a giant!

he is super cool!

That is a special buck!! To answer your question...if the G2 is broken to the main beam, it is like the other side never existed(for scoring purposes). If it broke off 2 inches from the main beam, you would get credit for 2 inches on both sides. Totally irrelevant to the quality of that buck.

I must have missed this post also? Great deer....amazing animal. I often tape my deer really quick but never ever worry about deductions etc. He is one that many will never see in a liftetime, much less harvest, and when people see him on your wall they will just say WOW!!! I promise they won't care about his score :) Nice job.

Top Bottom