Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My nephew Colton is hooked. (pictures)

moosehunter

PMA Member
Saturday afternoon I took my nephew Colton out. He's a kinda high strung and figity so we used a blind and set up in a hayfield with our backs against a corn field. I knew there were some bucks coming out into the terraced field but I was unsure where they were entering the field at. From our position we could see the everything. Late I we spotted a couple nice bucks on the far end. One looked to be tall and the other looked nice but not quite as big. I decided instead of trying to make a high risk stalk we should back out and setup on the terrace the next day.

Sunday we made our way to the far end but I didn't like the wind at all for where I wanted to setup so we dropped down one terrace. Now the wind was OK but our visability was not ideal. With 15 minutes of shooting time left a buck entered they hayfield and started walking straight towards us laying in the tall grass of the terrace. I had Colton ready when the deer was at 40 yards but I was really hoping he would turn and walk out in the center of the terrace to give him a better angle but it looked like that wasn't gonna happen. So I had Colton slowly get to his knees and find the front shoulder and keep it there. Finally the deer cooperated a bit and turned quartering towards us. I whispered "shoot now". Colton let the ML go and his first ever deer dropped in his tracks at 30 yards.

After a bunch of high fives, backslaps, somersaults, and backflips we got a few pictures and a closer look at the deer. I didn't score him but he looks like he should do around 130 or 135. Not real long but he's got nice mass and he's pretty even.

740c2-med.JPG

740c1-med.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
a bunch of high fives, backslaps, somersaults, and backflips

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't beat that! Congrats!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a bunch of high fives, backslaps, somersaults, and backflips

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't beat that! Congrats!