Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Never thought I'd be so angry...

squ1rr31_

Brother in Bone
Well, last weekend my dad and I jumped a monster on my sister's property and missed him since he was running away. Went back a couple days later and didn't see anything. Decided we were going to go back today or tomorrow to see if we could get one last jump on him but come to find out my own brother in law let someone hunt on his property just so he could cut wood at the guy's place. And low and behold... They took our deer! I don't think I've ever been so mad at a family member! And the worst part is, my nephew had to tell my dad because my sister and brother in law wouldn't, how chicken sh**! Anyone ever had a situation like this happen?

I understand you being frustrated.

However, It sounds like you brother-in-law was just looking out for #1, which is understandable.

Try to find some additional ground for your relative between now and next year to cut wood so he will have no reason to let that other guy in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waukon1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand you being frustrated.

Try to find some additional ground for your relative between now and next year to cut wood so he will have no reason to let that other guy in. </div></div>

Heck, cut a little wood for him!
thumbs_up.gif

With this ice storm we had go around pick up all the branches you can find and drop them off in his front yard. That way he will have all the wood he needs for a couple of years.

It sucks, but that is what happens when you can't control the property. Heck, even when YOU own it, it's hard to keep others out.

We've got other land this one is just small and easy to get onto in a hurry, and like I said, the horse crap about this situation is, is we guarantee he told him exactly where to walk into to jump this boy. So needless to say he's gonna get a meteor sized lump of coal this christmas!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JaketheRipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No Brudder Good In Law </div></div>

snort....
thats funny.....

For real though, i feel your pain.....
Family can be the biggest problem sometimes when it comes to that kind of stuff....

Sorry to hear about it and i hope it gets better!!

Big bucks have a way of bringing out HARD reactions. I've seen and had chances at big ones and spent a whole season hunting one to find out that a so-called buddy had poached the same night I first saw him.

It can get under your skin, but really it's just a deer. Family is family and they may not always make you happy, but they'll always be there for you. If the land was good enough to hold one, another will eventually take it's place.

Life goes on...give it time, but don't stew too much. Obviously your bro-in-law felt bad if he coward from telling you...no reason to put salt in the wound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big bucks have a way of bringing out HARD reactions. I've seen and had chances at big ones and spent a whole season hunting one to find out that a so-called buddy had poached the same night I first saw him.

It can get under your skin, but really it's just a deer. Family is family and they may not always make you happy, but they'll always be there for you. If the land was good enough to hold one, another will eventually take it's place.

Life goes on...give it time, but don't stew too much. Obviously your bro-in-law felt bad if he coward from telling you...no reason to put salt in the wound. </div></div>

What he said. Shot my biggest buck ever last Saturday, but so did one of my best friends. He swears he did the kill shot and really wanted to mount it so he got to put his tag on it. Friends and family are a hell of a lot more important than a head on the wall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Family is family and they may not always make you happy, but they'll always be there for you. If the land was good enough to hold one, another will eventually take it's place.

Life goes on...give it time, but don't stew too much. Obviously your bro-in-law felt bad if he coward from telling you...no reason to put salt in the wound. </div></div>

Words to live by.

"Friends and family are a hell of a lot more important than a head on the wall."

Friends and family also need to respect your wishes as well. If they know your wishes and disrepsect are they really a friend?

I would be upset over the deer but did they know how passionate you are over deer hunting if so I would have another talk with them and hopefully it will not happen again.

hope you get some wood too! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif he might not understand deer hunting and how important is to you. family will always be there , when other`s won`t. hope you get your big buck. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It wasn't "your deer" anyways. Those statements usually rub me wrong.

Fortunately you live in Iowa, where there's a booner behind every tree.

And by the way, change your sig if you aren't willing to live by those words.

What's done is done man. Sorry about the situation. I would be ticked as hell too! But, like everyone said earlier, family is more important than anything!

I think your being a little harsh on your BIL...

But remember, when hunting big bucks, what you don't share can't come back to haunt you.

There is always next year.

Cood luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't "your deer" anyways. Those statements usually rub me wrong.

And by the way, change your sig if you aren't willing to live by those words. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It wasn't "your deer" anyways. Those statements usually rub me wrong.

And by the way, change your sig if you aren't willing to live by those words. </div></div> Absolutely

Top Bottom