Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nice Rub

cjcolli

139903231-small.jpg

Here is a rub that Hawkfan and I found this weekend doing some scouting. Just wanted to show everyone it. There is rumored to be a huge buck out in this area, but we have yet to see it.

i thought it'd be cool if we put on a "big rub" contest somehow. score by height off ground, length of rub, circumference of tree, etc etc etc. there would have to be a non typical category for telephone poles and other oddities that got rubbed. anyone else think this a good idea??

that is a nice rub, muddy that would be a great contest, and i got the best spot in the world for that, stop signs almost rubbed in half, fence posts almost shattered and of course all the telephone poles you could ever want to look at
grin.gif

I agree muddy. I have a couple i could enter. I don't know if they would win but it would be kind of interesting to see all the different rubs.

There's a 3rd rub that was right by the two shown. I'll try to upload the pic.
1333rub-med.jpg

I have always been excited to find big rubs.... I pay little attention to anything smaller than forearm size. I take lots of pictures of big rubs each year while post season and in season scouting. I like to take the picture with a reference object next to it so one can appreciate the size ie. bow leaning against rub tree, binoculars, etc.... sounds like a fun thread to see some Monster rubs.... count me in!!!
peace.gif

Nope, actually never bow hunted but the more I read about it on here the more I want to give it a try. I perfer to use my black powder rifle. I must confess I am an amatuer when it comes to deer hunting. This is only my second season hunting for deer.

---------------
cjcolli
"Aim small, miss small"

i can't wait for this weekend, instead of hunting deer i'll be looking for big rubs for the pseudo contest we got going on here!! digital camera in one hand, bow in the other!

sounds like a plan muddy, i still got to worry about that big buck unlike you!! im going for the nontypical category, i will be the crazy man checking every stop sign for rubs, and railroad signs, telephone poles, all the wierd stuff.
beerchug.gif

fyi....these rubs were photographed in North Central, Iowa. About 100 miles straight North of Des Moines. My brother and I own about 200 acres of timber and farm ground up there where I go deer hunting.

this set of birch trees gets hit year after year. one year every single tree was shredded REALLY bad. deadeye drooled over it. i took the picture and there were only a couple active rubs last fall. most of the trees in there are the size of the fence post in the foreground or just a tad bigger.

411BigBuckRubs2003-med.jpg

i will re-visit the spot this weekend and take some close ups.

992rub.jpg

I took this pic a few years ago when I lived in Milwaukee. This rub was made by an "urban deer" that lived around the neighborhood I was in. He was a BEAST of a non-typical. The tree to the left is about typical fence post size. The rubbed tree is approx 14" across. My 35 mm camera case is at the bottom. I never could get any sort of permission to hunt around there.
doah.gif
wall.gif
frown.gif

Quackmaster,

That my friend is an awesome rub!!! I must confess that when I first saw it and looked at who posted it... I muttered "That wasn't made by any Arkansas deer"... then I saw the caption below the photo
waytogo.gif
..... Thanks for sharing the picture.

Top Bottom