Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nino's Non-Typical

svanderw

5122Picture_034-2-med.jpg

5122Picture_036-2-med.jpg

5122Picture_037-2-med.jpg

5122Picture_044-2-med.jpg

I got some new ground to hunt this year right before bow season started. I hung my stand in a nice funnel to see what kind of deer were on the property. I saw several nice bucks in October and the first part of November. After seeing where the deer were traveling I decided I needed to get my stand a little bit closer to the action.
Sunday morning I overslept, so I decided to go out at noon rehang my stand and sit the rest of the day. I started hanging my stand and saw another treestand 30 yards away, so I moved another 150 yards. I was sitting about an hour I saw a 140" walk right by where my stand was to right where I was trying to hang my stand. I grunted at him he walked towards me and stopped at 80 yards stopped and walked away. 45 minutes later there were two does in the field in front of me and another doe came out, behind her was a 180" 12 pointer. He stopped at the field turned around and walked right to where I started hanging my stand earlier. He walked away and I didn't see him again.
30 minutes later I saw 4 does come running out of a little patch of trees and the deer I shot was chasing them. He was checking the does I decided to grunt at him. He looked over at the does in the field in front of me. He walked to the fence by me and jumped the fence and walked to the does. He checked one doe and she ran right at me. He followed her to about 50 yards and stopped from me and stopped. He started walking towards the other does so I grunted at him, he stopped and I hit the release. I thought I missed right of way. He ran 15 yards stopped started looking at the does 30 seconds later he fell over. I didn't believe he was dead I watched him for 45 minutes and he didn't move. I put a poor shot and him but luckily hit the dorsal artery. It was quite a day in the stand. He grossed 168 3/8" NT.

To top it off the landowner insisted on me letting him gut the deer. So I had to let him. It was an awesome day.

[ QUOTE ]
To top it off the landowner insisted on me letting him gut the deer. So I had to let him. It was an awesome day.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
Can't beat that!

Awesome buck! Congrats!!
waytogo.gif

What a beaut nice mass length all around good deer......good ...great deer

Cool look'n buck! Congrat's from everyone here at Whitetail Fanatic Magazine!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
Can't beat that!

Awesome buck! Congrats!!
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Top Bottom