Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nonresident Landowners, check out this website.

Re: Nonresident Landowners, check out this website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Friends of Iowa? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Friends of Iowa join here Iowa Bowhunters Association

</div></div>

John/Mickey,

They also take paypal or visa for the folks in Parkersburg and New Hartford that lost their homes, items that can't be replaced and some lost loved ones.

Become a FRIEND OF IOWA!

<span style="color: #CC0000">For more information about becoming an IBA member&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</span>Details<span style="color: #CC0000">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

Any of ya'll hunt out of state....pheasant,waterfowl,elk? A few years ago there wasn't any non resident hunting for deer in kansas,but it seems that each fall the kansas folks would all load up and hit the rocky mountains to have a go at some elk hunting.Then one year the colorado dnr says everyone but kansas residents can hunt here.Don't be the next kansas.

Gee which would I give up? Iowa's deer herd, or hunting out of state?

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wonder if QDMA realizes that Dr. Mickey is using their name and reputation to advance his private interests.</div></div>

That's good enough for me to stay away from a QDMA membership.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee which would I give up? Iowa's deer herd, or hunting out of state? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wonder if QDMA realizes that Dr. Mickey is using their name and reputation to advance his private interests.</div></div>

That's good enough for me to stay away from a QDMA membership. </div></div>

X2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee which would I give up? Iowa's deer herd, or hunting out of state?</div></div>

And the Crowd Goes WILD!!

Yeah, I don't think I'll be Friends with Friends of Iowa. I can speak for EVERY SINGLE buddy that comes here from out-of-state and they aren't looking for new friends either, just keeping the friends they have with IBA.

hoofline.gif

“Friends of Iowa”? After reading every word on that website I feel the need to vomit.
vomit.gif

And like Ghost, I know the man that said “type it; then delete it”. Good advice, I am pretty hot right now! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

As many of you are aware, there are huge challenges in the near future for the Iowa resident hunter.
<span style="color: #CC0000">Please join and support the Iowa Bowhunters Association, united we can make a difference.</span>
<span style="color: #CC0000">For more information about becoming an IBA member&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</span>Details<span style="color: #CC0000">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

398ibalogo_1_.gif

hoofline.gif

Well now instead of coming up and shooting a doe and enjoying hunting with some old friends,we'll be coming up there during the shotgun season and party hunting.Also given your dim view of non-residents the farms we own that we used to let a few locals shotgun hunt on....not anymore!We will be up there to police our land during shotgun....and yep there are some farmers that will gladly party hunt with us and tag our bucks.So instead of getting a buck or 2 shot 1 out of 3 years,and having some ground to hunt on come shotgun....ya'll just got alot of bucks shot and lost some land to hunt on!!!Way to go guys...and the crowd goes wild....yeh right!

Testimonial

Anybody care to count the number of times the gentleman says "I" in the heart felt testimonial? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

With all the grave issues facing us today,,terrorists,High energy prices,the break down of respect for others, lets put our Hunting in perspective. It is a hooby,,a pastime, a source of relaxation, and great eating. The male of the species has some protrusions growing out of it's head. That is all. Let's not go to war over this. Let's just keep things in perspective.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Well now instead of coming up and shooting a doe and enjoying hunting with some old friends,we'll be coming up there during the shotgun season and party hunting.Also given your dim view of non-residents the farms we own that we used to let a few locals shotgun hunt on....not anymore!We will be up there to police our land during shotgun....and yep there are some farmers that will gladly party hunt with us and tag our bucks.So instead of getting a buck or 2 shot 1 out of 3 years,and having some ground to hunt on come shotgun....ya'll just got alot of bucks shot and lost some land to hunt on!!!Way to go guys...t and the crowd goes wild....yeh right!
</div></div>

Surely this entire post must be a joke. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif Surely someone would not come on here and actually mean this. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I cna understand a Georgian wanting to hunt Iowa as opposed to home, but to think like this? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I really have no iron in this fire, but I do have an idea for all the non resdients that are complaining,....you own a farm there, so move onto it, raise your family as Iowan's, spend your money in their local economy, send your children to their schools. Like I said...I've no gun in this fight, but as a bystander, it's pretty darn easy to see which side of the fence to sit on.

I see this a little bit like politics, at least a relation...

Many Hard Core Liberals in California raised taxes through the roof, put in place crazy social laws, took God out of everything and basically implemented every Liberal policy that had bad "un-intended side effects". So, many of the Liberals who helped do this couldn't take what they created, so they moved to Oregon, Washington, etc. Now they are bringing the same trash to those states by turning those states into Liberal hot zones (more than they were before). Soon enough they'll do the same thing there.

I kinda see this effort the same as what Friends of Iowa are doing. People like that have "destroyed" hunting in their own state, ravaged states like Illinois, etc. Then, they flock to one of the last greatest (the best in my opinion) states because of how awesome it is the way it is AND they want to change it the same way they've handled their own state and all the other states that allowed it (Illinois). They wonder why people of Iowa want to keep the state great like it is????

Sask,

I think what you're missing is that many NR's spend a ton of money in Iowa. I'm not about to compare NR spending to R spending, but a lot of NR's fuel the local economy with mortgage payments to Iowa banks, pay property taxes, make several trips per year to the area spending money in local businesses, pay utilities at camp sites,pay local farmers for help with crops, foot plots, etc., and do permit some residents to hunt and keep tabs on their properties. What the DNR is saying, unjustly IMO, is that because a few NR's screw up the entire group will suffer to the point where an NR can't hunt during archery season for one doe. Not every NR is a problem and many simply want to spend time with friends/family while watching great bucks rut in November.
While some NR's are a bit frustrated they bring up a good point, the DNR now has caused those doe hunting NR's in archery season to pursue shotgun party hunts in December. Now maybe next season the DNR will eliminate NR's party hunting and solve the problem, but until they do they added NR's to shotgun season who will kill more deer(bucks).
Like I said earlier some R's break the rules. Would it make sense for the DNR to reduce the 2 bucks/year for a resident to 1 as a result? Or increase the cost of R permits?? It doesn't make sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said earlier some R's break the rules. Would it make sense for the DNR to reduce the 2 bucks/year for a resident to 1 as a result? </div></div>

I persoanlly can't see how this could be a bad thing to be honest. Raise the antlerless total, kill less bucks, how could this be "bad"?

Top Bottom