Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Now that necked cartridges are lawful (min .35 - max .5) what will everyone be hunting with this year?

I wouldn't say the weapon increases the incidents, the flatter trajectories don't hurt by any means, but I feel it has much more to do with the rifles being more prone to having scopes. Highly reduces field of vision and people forget where they are aiming. Happens with modern slug guns also, just think it's more common with rifles

Only 1 mentions slugs. That leads me to believe the others were not slugs. I agree it has to do with the style of hunting, but do you really believe this style of hunting isn't more dangerous now that rifles are involved?

I'm fine, thanks for your concern! I'm not Nathan, as you know, but hopefully he is OK as well.

Would this not lead the logical and unbiased observer to the conclusion that the problem is with the style of hunting, then, and not caliber of the weapon? Or perhaps the problem is both with the style of hunting and the failure to adhere to the most basic principles of firearm safety?

I'm not a fan of deer drives or large party hunts. I find them to be unsportsmanlike and it seems inherently dangerous (with any weapon). I feel bad for the families of the injured but I suppose natural selection does come into play when folks knowingly engage in risky activities.

Following the golden rules of gun safety would ensure that these "accidents" (read: negligence) could not occur.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
  • Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Top Bottom