Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR party hunting to be eliminated

1717102120494.png

Very well said Hardwood 11. My thought is my nonresident friends are some of the better Conservation minded people in my area. I am concerned that this and other future challenges will disenfranchise them to the point of leaving Iowa. I think if this happens the resource will suffer.

Alot of outfitters definitely benefitted big time from the doe tag/party hunt game. I,m glad its gone(unless they find another loophole). I'm sure nonresident landowners did too. Buying land and using a gray area in the law to skate by doesn't make the gray area an entitlement. It was a risk from the beginning. You just gotta take your lumps when it ends and feel lucky you did get by for a few years. Drawing a tag every 6 years is a long time to wait sure. But crap I'm too old to ever likely get lucky enough to draw alot of tags out there as a nonresident. Nonresidents and outfitters by me do not shoot does. Doesn't help the management in my opinion, but of course varies neighbor to neighbor.

Alot of outfitters definitely benefitted big time from the doe tag/party hunt game. I,m glad its gone(unless they find another loophole). I'm sure nonresident landowners did too. Buying land and using a gray area in the law to skate by doesn't make the gray area an entitlement. It was a risk from the beginning. You just gotta take your lumps when it ends and feel lucky you did get by for a few years. Drawing a tag every 6 years is a long time to wait sure. But crap I'm too old to ever likely get lucky enough to draw alot of tags out there as a nonresident. Nonresidents and outfitters by me do not shoot does. Doesn't help the management in my opinion, but of course varies neighbor to neighbor.
This is the fear I have. The outfitters are going to apply even more pressure to get tags designated just for their disposal. They have already been trying for such tags. NRLO also will add to their push, but they have a more legitimate claim to access the resource

Agree possibly will happen. it does every year. But this was/is finally controlled and I guess other fires will need to be addressed in the future. Problem is policy is so much dictated by politics not management. Politics is so much harder to predict and more costly. I am really surprised this was seemingly addressed, as well as cell cams, without much public awareness. Only clue I had was the multipage survey i received months ago.

Whoever made this decision better not hunt other states ? Hypocrites. Put a 3 or 5 year wait on that Dipshi# out of state hunting plans. Elk, deer, bear—nope you get an extra 3 or 5 year wait . Sorry buddy eye for an eye !

If he fishes in Minnesota, he can only keep Carp !!
:)
You do realize if you want to hunt in another state, say MT Elk. You are probably waiting 3-4 years for a general tag. Longer if you want a good archery permit. Believe it or not, there are other states that care less about non-residents than Iowa does.

They are always going to look out for their own first.

You do realize if you want to hunt in another state, say MT Elk. You are probably waiting 3-4 years for a general tag. Longer if you want a good archery permit. Believe it or not, there are other states that care less about non-residents than Iowa does.

Not Kansas. They don’t look out for their own. They are chasing the almighty dollar at any expense to resident hunters…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was you would get an extra 3-5 year wait beyond the current wait if you were from Iowa. Reciprocal. With no complaints.

Top Bottom