Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Open discussion, your input's appreciated

turtlshell

PMA Member
To start, this is a legitimate post.
As a PMA member, I view this website similarly to any other subscription (outdoor life, bowhunter, field and stream, etc etc). As such, I can’t help but express my disappointment with the moderator’s ban of T-250. The website, my subscription, is lacking as of late. I’m sure there are excuses for the slow down, shed hunting, being afield, holidays, etc. I can understand that, but at the same time I know full well that if T-250 wasn’t banned there would be better selection of threads to view.
I’m sure some people will be quick to say that my opinion is biased since Ryan and I hang out every now and then…I can assure you this is not coming from a friendship standpoint or was I put up to this by him. I’m just posting my view of something that involves him. My hope is to get people on this site to rethink some of things that have went on here in the past that have lead to bans, in order that things don’t get out of line like that in the future. I’m sure some will view this particular thread as just that and call it ironic or call me a hypocrite.
I’m unclear on what really happened to get T-250 banned. If a moderator could explain it so the rest of us know it would be great. I’ve received pm’s and emails asking me if I know what’s going on and the thread Where’s T, has over 1000 hits. As I’ve said before I don’t know what T-250 sent in the way of PM’s but I have seen some of the stuff that was sent to him. Those messages, coupled with things that were constantly said degrading his character in threads should, according to the site rules, have gotten more people banned than him. AND actually things that were said about him, that I’ve seen, were more over the line than the things he posted…like saying there’s a blue light special on spot lights, when so many claim to spotlight as a method of scouting. Speaking of character, why did/do so many of the members have such a problem with his record? I’ve seen the rap-sheet and even actually took the time to take a close look at it. Most of what I have seen were traffic violations, and the handful of game violations he had were CITATIONS, not CONVICTIONS. I’m not defending anything, just giving what’s there…as it’s already been openly discussed and most of what has been discussed previously has been inaccurate at best. T-250’s made some poor choices, but he’s paid his penalties, buy’s what permits he can NOW…money that goes to support the outdoors/DNR. I’ve found it kind of ironic that so many religious people have been so quick to pass judgment. I guess those people have forgotten WWJD. I’m not the most well versed in “the book” but if we all have to stand before our maker, one day, and explain our actions with hopes of being forgiven…than why are people so eager to point out someone else’s faults over the internet? Are they any better than those whom they accuse? Judge and be judged.
This site is a good information site and I enjoy looking at pictures as much as the next guy. At times, and this election year was a prime example, people will post thing that have the ability to be controversial. I may or may not share the same views as others, no different than anyone else. At times I keep to myself, and at times I’ll post my feelings. I think T-250 always said what he thought…right or wrong he supported his views. If someone makes a post that could be controversial, they should expect that not everyone is going to share the same feelings…and most likely things will get heated. We always have the option of not making a reply or reading the thread for that matter. With the “one-hit-wonders” (people who show up at random and make one reply) I always do wonder how many of them are regular members hiding behind some other screen-name.

I guess my overall point is this, if I help support the site I’d like to see that things are run fairly and that members are seen beyond what their likability or past records indicate. When we all signed up we all agreed to the same rules and they should be applied fairly and without regards to number of posts a person has or what their screen-name is. I’m not entirely convinced the mods can say that happened with T-250.

I never had any problems with him, but I did question all of his trophies.But knowing he has been banned from another local site recently makes me think he is problem child. And wasn't he banned from here more than once?

Different websites, different rules, different problems, but same results...name gets slandered and then the boot.

What's ironic is a lot of people are continually asking/wanting to know where he went and what happened, regardless of the site.

As part of an open discussion I would say that T250 just overstepped the boundaries too many times. I don't know the man except for his posts here and on another board and he may be a fine guy but his writings don't portray his as such. I feel that if we, as adults, can't find a way to say things and disagree in a civil and respectful manner then we should not be allowed to use a form, even though it is available to the public, that is privately owned, if we can't conform to what those private owners require of us. Too many people, and here I will generalize a little if you will let me, and especially young people today feel entitled to say what ever they want and how ever they want. I honestly don't know about here but I do know that on another site he receives several warnings and suspensions prior to being banned and either could not or would not conform to the wishes of the owners and moderators who are responsible for content. Maybe others have transgressed in a similar manner but not after being warned off time after time. This Internet site is not a free world and we can't just say or do what ever we think. We can offer different opinions, but we must do it with respect for all the members and owners, whether we like it or not and he just refused to do that. I have never received a warning or suspension, but I can't imagine getting one and not trying my best to bring my post with in acceptable standards, even if it did make me angry. I enjoy this site and the give and take of ideas and information and I know that if I were to be banned I could never make my views known or see how many really agreed or even disagreed with me. I can't change any one's mind if I can't communicate and I can't communicate if I'm banned.

Come on moderators. Bring T-250 back. We shouldnt judge people by their past. Not everyone on here has a clean slate im sure. He was the only one who had the melons to admit to it. Does that make him a bad guy? Is he not welcome on the site cause of this? Im fairly new on the site and have met a few of you at the shed conference. Since i have been on the site i have noticed alot of dogging directed to T-250. What do you think a guy is going to do when people repeatedly beat him up. Just my opinion.

Man I just deleted a long response. To sum it up I don't miss him.

turtL if you want more PM me.

I'm sure it was a tough call. He spiced up the site some which I suppose is good in a way. The guy just lacks tact mostly, and seemed to really have a hard time being civil with people who disagree with him.

He's what... late 20's? Good grief I am glad the itnernet wasn't around when I was that age, I would have probably been banned too, I was just as brash and at times, weeellll.... a jerk.

Somehow I managed to make it to almost 50 years old, and I see the world a lot differently now. I have a higher tolerance for people like him because of it.

I like the fact that he is out there doing a lot of cool stuff. Stuff that most of you have never tried because you are too dang busy watching the outdoor channel instead of scuba diving, picking up huge sheds, chasing bucks, fishing all over, etc. Reminds me of myself when I was that age, trapping all over tarnation, fishing on a commercial fishing boat in Alaska, Camping out for weeks in the mountains, crazy stuff. T-250 will have a lot of campfire stories to tell when he gets to my age. I know of which I speak.

Possibly a hint of jealousy had something to do with the way people reacted to him?

Turtl, give him my best wishes. I hope as he matures he can get his act together a little better and be back. I enjoy reading about his exploits.

Don't know why I'm replying to this thread, but wanted to attempt to politely address a few comments made. I don't think I've stirred the pot too much on here and feel I'm a tolerable person. But I feel we just need to call the situation 'as it is.' Not judging, not condemning, just calling it exactly how it is, regardless of what the person is like face to face.

It would be agreed upon by most people that 250 would probably be a decent guy to hang around with given the chance. However, it is highly agreed upon that whenever there was chaos on here, he was always in the center. He would call people out with his own opinion, and when someone expressed their own opinion that might have gone against his, then all heck broke loose for him. Why is it ok for him to express his and not ok for anyone else to say something contrary to what he believes? It's a simple fact of the matter really.

Regardless of the above comments, I have expressed this before, but I just have a problem with the egocentrism. Rarely did I see a positive comment come from him when someone shot a big buck. Life is all about him. I come here to build others up who have just shot one of the most elusive creatures on God's green earth...for that I encourage them and give them my applause for their efforts - I give the same praise for a small buck versus a large buck. If we just look at human decency, I can't justify comments that draw attention away from someone else's prize that happens once a year (1 tag)...it makes no sense to me. Life exists beyond myself.

Again, are these reasons enough to boot someone?? Can't answer that question...but I'm calling it how I see it...not judging once again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We shouldnt judge people by their past. Not everyone on here has a clean slate im sure. He was the only one who had the melons to admit to it. </div></div> No everyone is claiming to have clean slates...a "Good Book" I read often talks about us all 'falling short.' And whether we have the melons to admit it or not is not the question being debated here...at least I don't think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I’ve found it kind of ironic that so many religious people have been so quick to pass judgment. I guess those people have forgotten WWJD. I’m not the most well versed in “the book” but if we all have to stand before our maker, one day, and explain our actions with hopes of being forgiven…than why are people so eager to point out someone else’s faults over the internet? Are they any better than those whom they accuse? Judge and be judged. </div></div>

I don't believe it's a matter of "WWJD." We will all stand before the Maker one day and be accountable for everything we've done and yet to do. Our hopes of being forgiven lie in trust of one man who paid the penalty for EVERYONE'S sin, even "Christians." (unfortunately Christians are not exempt from making mistakes, so let's not make them the exceptions or the hypocrites) Turtl, in all kindness when I say this, but I think the context of that verse about judging is judgment of the heart, not actions. We can all judge each others actions to some extent...it's called accountability (and I believe we should all hold each other accountable for our actions...the world might be a better place) But we should do it with love! We can't however, judge each others hearts and what we believe...that is up to the Judge. Only He can see that. I believe that whether Saddam or Billy Graham, only God can look at their hearts.

I'm really not trying to bring religion into this, but it was brought up in a context in which I don't agree with or appreciate...just trying to bring truth to the topic and facts, not just opinions.

Not trying to stir the pot, only bring light. Hope this helps.

Well, the fact that he was able to come back at least twice after warning bans on this site says something about how we run this site if you asked me... over the course of a year at that!

The fact that he got banned off two other sites in LESS THAN A MONTH after being banned here says something as well if you asked me.

With respect turtL you and I have met and personally I have nothing against you, hell I think we could hang out with no problems at all so I'll finish by saying this.

As moderators our jobs are to put out the fires that some members feel the need to start. When the fires become too numerous that a 8 or 9 moderators can't put them all out then something has to be done. Something was done, it won't be reversed. If you personally feel that your PMA dues were slighted because of this decision then we all know that they don't have to be renewed when they're due. If you personally feel the site is not worth your time we all know there are thousands of other outdoor sites on the web. Everyone says that T's past is in his past, well all the stuff that went down is just that, in the past. Dirty laundry won't be brought back up in this thread to satisfy everyone's curiosity so you'll have to be satisfied with this reply.

I highly doubt there will be any other replies from the mods or admins, if you really need more information then posting threads where everyone can throw their two cents in won't get that. PM the administrators.

Take it easy, good luck shedding this spring.

Nobody except the moderators and maybe a select few knew what all contributed to T's getting the boot. Just let by gones be by gones and move on. They do a good job here and let people have a pretty long leash most of the time. They also give out spankings when it's just. I for one think this is a better site with out all the controversy one guy can create.

i think the fact is that reading controversial topics on an online forum can get us all heated at times and the best we can do to calm ouselves down is type on a stupid keyboard. there are great causes on this site but when meaningful debates turn to name calling arguments we all just need to realize that we are all here because we love hunting. grab a shed, go outside, and think about being 20 feet up.

here is a funny video. computers are not worth it. just imagine any iowawhitetail member getting pissed the most recent controversial post. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mun9kmf0Bcs

personally i miss seeing the pictures and reading the stories T-250 posted, even if they were b.s., they were entertaining

I have been permanently banned from a koi board so I know how it feels. In my case it was for standing up to the wrong doings of the narsasistic megalmanic who owned and ran the board. That banning has cost me quite a bit of $$$ in my buisness from the lack of visibility and free advertising.

I don't agree with bannings. Moderating posts yes, bannnings no.

Were all adults here, if I don't like someone, I can not talk to them and not get baited into one of their ramblings. If they say something obcene then it should be moderated out, but not banned.

The guy is passionate about deer, and in such he is our brother.

Thanks for the link Dominator !! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I think every hunting camp has a T250..

I just pass his threads if he is on a rant,or turn on the BS meter.I do hate to see anyone censored, but it's not my site.I am going to keep coming wether if he is here or not. MY 2cents...
Constant Lurker /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GregBickal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been permanently banned from a koi board so I know how it feels. In my case it was for standing up to the wrong doings of the narsasistic megalmanic who owned and ran the board. That banning has cost me quite a bit of $$$ in my buisness from the lack of visibility and free advertising.

I don't agree with bannings. Moderating posts yes, bannnings no.

Were all adults here, if I don't like someone, I can not talk to them and not get baited into one of their ramblings. If they say something obcene then it should be moderated out, but not banned.

The guy is passionate about deer, and in such he is our brother. </div></div>

LOL. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Banned from a KOI board. Ouch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowa1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I like the fact that he is out there doing a lot of cool stuff. Stuff that most of you have never tried because you are too dang busy watching the outdoor channel instead of scuba diving, picking up huge sheds, chasing bucks, fishing all over, etc. Reminds me of myself when I was that age, trapping all over tarnation, fishing on a commercial fishing boat in Alaska, Camping out for weeks in the mountains, crazy stuff. T-250 will have a lot of campfire stories to tell when he gets to my age. I know of which I speak.

</div></div>

one problem with that, He hasnt done 90% of the things he claims.

On another note, if you all want to no the stuff that gets you kicked off this site check this link to another site and read the childish ignorant comments by your very own T-250, only on this site he calls himself Divefresh. He chimes in late on the third page, if this is the kind of stuff you miss on this site check Divefreshes other threads and posts, you will see he quick to post up all kinds of self claiming BS to people on the other side of the country.

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=59138

As you can tell I am not a regular writter on this site, but for the most part enjoy what I read and see on here. For some reason I feel the need to respond to this post about t250.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of character, why did/do so many of the members have such a problem with his record? I’ve seen the rap-sheet and even actually took the time to take a close look at it. Most of what I have seen were traffic violations, and the handful of game violations he had were CITATIONS, not CONVICTIONS. </div></div>
If you have seen his record then you should know why. The difference between citations and convictions -- let me explain something just so a county attorney doesn't have to spend as much time on a case they throw a couple of them out (plea bargin). This doesn't mean he is NOT guilty, simply a lazy county attorney possible (even though I do not know the details it is often the case)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> T-250’s made some poor choices, but he’s paid his penalties, buy’s what permits he can NOW…money that goes to support the outdoors/DNR.</div></div>
A lot of poor choices. If you ask me he has done a lot more to HURT the resource than help even if he has paid his fines and buys licenses now. Seeing his pictures and reading his posts made me sick because of what he represents. He is a wildlife criminal in the simplist form stealing from all of us who do it eithically and leagally. Sure you all can say, "well you are not perfect" and you are right, but I am not an arrogant - in your face person like this. Also you do not want a person like this who feels the need to comment on everything on this website because it does bring the quality of this site down.

I sure hope he changes and comes back to the proper side and does things like he should, but I am not holding my breath, it might be to late for him.

Those of you that know him and comment on him good for you that what friends should do stand up for their buddies as I would. But instead what you should be doing is sitting him down and having a heart to heart with him and tell him to straighten his act up.

I know that this will change nothing on his end and I hope to God that he reads this and does a little sole searching.

Now on a side note you all can call me out and say whatever you want, but I will not respond to anything, just had to vent.

Thanks for listening

Thanks for the link to the spearboard. Looks like he is the rotten apple that ruins the whole bunch wherever he goes. I'm so glad he's finally gone, just couldn't believe how long it took!

How did he end up on spear fishing site anyway? Better yet, what hasn't he done. He likes attention and continues to get it it even after he is gone.

Top Bottom