Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Out of the Bush

TheKingsDeer.com

Whitetail-Images.com
I wasn't quite ready to be done yet but this guy came by last night and I had to let an arrow fly...

Let me back up, he was under me at 10 yards, it was a cool quiet evening at 6:45 pm and he knew something was wrong! He back up and up and I couldn't see him through all the damn leaves. All of a sudden he is broadside at 20 yards, I go to draw and I can't! Not sure what happened but I had been sitting in a ball since 3:30 pm. I try to pull back again and and I hit my trigger and the arrow comes out "dead" and I actually start laughing. Its laying there stuck in the ground like a javelin. Now, this is my 31st bowhunting year, I am not that nervous, just shocked at what just happened. Then the old wrestler in me gets pissed, I lock on the string, pull back and look up thinking he is gone and he is still there but twice as far. I put my 50 yard pin high on his back and let it go! All I remember from that point was he kicked, high and I could tell he was seriously injured.

After that I just sat down and was simply amazed at what just happened. I got out after 10 minutes, it was dark, no arrow, no blood so I went back to get my truck for some more light. Once back I drove down to the spot and didn't see a thing and thought "crap, now what" and starting creeping up toward the terrace where I last saw him and guess who was laying there with a high lung shot!

http://www.whitetail-images.com/?attachment_id=2499

Last edited:
Maybe it was 6:37... He rounded up to make it an easier read! Have you ever looked at your watch to see if it was legal shooting light before you drew back on a deer? ^^^^

Heck of a buck congrats! I bet he meant 6:35 rather than 6:45 pry a guess anyways. None the less way to get it done!

Last legal shooting light last night was 6:38 p.m.

Profile says from SW Iowa. Say he was from the Council Bluffs area sunset was at 6:30 last night meaning last legal shooting light was at 7.

How about a simple congratulations and heck of a buck rather than try and start something.

Anyways, hell of a deer!

Very cool looking buck Tony, congrats!!:way: Did you get him in the hills?

Legal shooting time ends at 6:53 today, here in western Iowa.

Jeez, you guys are tough. Legal light, I swear, hell I probably signed off on it when I sat on the DNR commission.

Anyway, best I can do, still trying to get to work today! Running way behind.

Hey Joe!
No hill buck this year. This buck lived not to far from home. Worked out great, I called my hunting buddy and he came over and helped me load him. The coolies thing since he is a butchers son he rolled him over and gutted him for me. So, not only I am illegal, I am to old to gut my own deer, he is half my age!

I do have a few acres in Southern Iowa I will hunt later on. But mostly I will keep taking more photos of the violist animal on earth. I will be over the 14th like I have been saying but with Nikon only now.

Thanks, take care and best if luck!

TH

Top Bottom