Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Out of the Bush

Actually sw Iowa would be 12 to 16 minutes later than eastern iowa. That is an awesome looking buck. Congrats.

I have more pics and will learn how to spell too but need some time to do it. I am usually on the Iowa Whitetail app and so it's usually a quick post. He has a 150 inch frame but short main beam length and only 17 inches wide. What he does have is major mass, he is 8.5 inches between his G2 and G3, nuts and thirteen measure able points. Like I think I said, I was letting go this year unless he impressed me and this buck at 10 yards did just that. He weighs 250 pounds easy.

I am still waiting for a 50 yard shot comment and is that ethical, etc. Hell it's Friday, and I am out of the bush! My wife couldn't be happier! Me, I am happy but love the hunt, getting good boys, don't let the calendar or weather tell you different. This bucks neck was in full rut. I was on a fence line in between doe bedding areas!

Have a great weekend!

I have more pics and will learn how to spell too but need some time to do it. I am usually on the Iowa Whitetail app and so it's usually a quick post. He has a 150 inch frame but short main beam length and only 17 inches wide. What he does have is major mass, he is 8.5 inches between his G2 and G3, nuts and thirteen measure able points. Like I think I said, I was letting go this year unless he impressed me and this buck at 10 yards did just that. He weighs 250 pounds easy.

I am still waiting for a 50 yard shot comment and is that ethical, etc. Hell it's Friday, and I am out of the bush! My wife couldn't be happier! Me, I am happy but love the hunt, getting good boys, don't let the calendar or weather tell you different. This bucks neck was in full rut. I was on a fence line in between doe bedding areas!

Have a great weekend!

Its hard to argue your 50 yard shot selection when you are taking pictures with him! Only the shooter can determine the shoot/no shoot scenario. Some guys will say 50 yards is to far, I say congrats on the great shot!!!

Love the character on those brows! Are those old school XX75 arrows? I'm sure those babies do pack a punch at 50 yards! Congrats!

Haha! Good eyes brother, I do still use aluminum and Easton XX75. My Shafer Silvertip shoots them and so does my Mathews. I have shot wood, carbon, and aluminum, nothing can handle a big hoofed animal like them.

Last legal shooting light last night was 6:38 p.m.

And this is why I and many others will never post their kills on this site or any other site for that matter. There is always some tool who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about trying to be and internet CO.

Congrats to the OP! That is a stud and would I love to see more pics. Sounds like it was during shooting light to me and even if it was a minute late, that is splitting hairs and not that big of deal IMO. It's not like you were using artificial light or hunting over bait, etc. In regards to the 50 yard shot, that is extremely unethical to take..............for me;-) You on the other hand, obviously can make that shot and proved it! Good work!

Awesome looking deer and the story makes it better. When I read it the 50 yard shot thing was the first thing that stuck out at me. I figured it would start something, but guess not! Congrats on a dandy!

x2 on seeing more pictures. That thing is an absolute stud. Love to see a front on view of him, looks like he's got some serious mass going on. Congrats on one heck of a buck :way:

Congrats-always someone out there has to put in a comment about legality- last legal shooting light- are you kidding me?? SMH
as far as 50 yards- each shooter in his own- I would rather shoot a standing deer at 50 with a bow than a running full bore buck with a slug!

great buck and cool story! congrats! X3, 4, and 5 on more pics

THAT IS A STUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES SIR!!! MASS!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to see something that massive while I'm up there hunting, even if I don't get to bring him home!

Absolute slob!!! MASSIVE!!! I would love to get a crack at something like him, just similar mass would do!!!

Congrats!!! Awesome Job!!!

Top Bottom