Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Outfitters leasing

What I meant by my post was my hunting grounds went up for leasing. If I wanted to hunt I needed to pay up or not hunt. I chose to pay to hunt. I love it that much!!

Whining and crying about it will not change the fact hunting is changing. Lead-follow or sell your gun!

I tried to stay away from this one. Some of you people make me sick. What gives you the right to think that the land owner owes you anything? Why should he keep the land set aside for just you? It don't matter how good you are to him, he still doesn't owe you anything. Why should he not be able to profit from owning a good tract of land? What's wrong with making a good living and hunting out of state? What's wrong bringing out of staters into the state to hunt your land. As a hunter, I think this thread gives us all a black eye. As a landowner, I would let none of the selfish whiners onto my land but would let the decent appreciative persons on, free of charge. If you don't like it, buy your own land, hunt public, or go to work and find another spot (they are still out there) because times are changing and what you're complaining about is only going to get worse.

I would say leasing land to hunt seems to break away from the old tradition.But,being a old trad dad,I have even thought of paying up.I have been asking around about some new ground to hunt.95% of farmers say there are too many deer,and say take them out.But,there are other hunters in there.I ,myself like other serious buck hunters,want a spot to ourselves.(selfish of me right!)Plus I have respect for another hunters efforts.So,I usually don't hunt there.So last year I went to public hunting ground,and guess what?I only saw 2 other bow hunters In the months time.That really surprized me,I thought everybody and his brother would be in there.I was wrong.I will be hunting there this year too,Because the buck I was hunting made it though the shot gun season.I found his shed last March.The moral of the story is "seek and ye shall find".

I would like us all to say that we agree to disagree on this subject and move on. Nobody is going to change anyone's mind on leasing.

PS. Go Cubbies!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hillwalker:
I hunt near the Pisgah area and think I know who it could be. I quess it does't really matter, I wish there was something we could do about it. I heard that these Outfitters don't have to pay taxes on there profits but I am not sure on that. This is a sport we all look foreward to every year and it is getting more expensive with just equipment itself let alone trying to lease ground to hunt on. Even the State ground is surrounded with Vehicles during the Rut. Oh well, Maybe we will get a few more good years out of the sport. But its hard to explain this to my 11 year old son who will bow hunt this year for the first time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just saw Bill Jordan's Ia. hunt with Dale Earnhart on TNN. It appears that they were wearing camo orange. Were they hunting illegaly???

Originally posted by 150 Class:
I tried to stay away from this one. Some of you people make me sick. What gives you the right to think that the land owner owes you anything? Why should he keep the land set aside for just you? It don't matter how good you are to him, he still doesn't owe you anything. Why should he not be able to profit from owning a good tract of land? What's wrong with making a good living and hunting out of state? What's wrong bringing out of staters into the state to hunt your land. As a hunter, I think this thread gives us all a black eye. As a landowner, I would let none of the selfish whiners onto my land but would let the decent appreciative persons on, free of charge. If you don't like it, buy your own land, hunt public, or go to work and find another spot (they are still out there) because times are changing and what you're complaining about is only going to get worse.[/QUOTE Very well said. Thank you very much. Some people really appreciate getting to hunt and have friends in a state like yours.

Leasing is here to stay in Iowa.In SE.IA many farms are leased by residents from other parts of the state. In the two counties that I am familar I would say that about 20% of the land is controled by outfitters or other nonresidents in some way. 40%+ is controlled by resident hunters who live in other areas of the State. I also do not want people to give up the sport due to the cost of land to hunt. One landowner approached me about leasing his land he had offered it to the 4 people that had hunted there before @200.00 per person per year They told him that that was way out line and they couldn't afford it. This would have been understandable except they had drove there in two brand new trucks and had talked to the landowner about there new bows cost over a thousand bucks apiece. Leasing will be the Norm in the future people will have to adjust accordingly.

don't you all get it after 9/11/01 it doesn't really matter anymore
all the things you learned in kindergarten matter

here is what i learned,

there was only one of me created by God

i was not cut out like a cookie from dough

i am so special I have my very own fingerprints,
my very own face, my very own body

i have my own thoughts, dreams, and feelings
Other people may have different feelings from me
it is o.k. not to agree with other people too

i will make some mistakes and I will try to learn from them

i will laugh at myself, but will not make fun of others

i will have fun living inside my skin

i have value

i am one of Gods children

i am important

i am me

i am special

lets just all go hunt'n like when were kids, nothing else matters, ejoy the fall here in iowa.

I have hunted for sheds and scouted a area that I had planned to hunt for some time and I have became very familer with the land and the deer to my dissapointment before I got a chance to hunt the land the owner leased it to a trophy whitetail group. Now I cant even look there for sheds because the whitetail people come down every year to get them thereselves. The land is in CRP and the owner still leased it out i was wondering if that was even legal?

I still think if they are subsidized by the govt. that they should not be allowed to lease. I know that is not possible but that seems like double dipping to me. I know they own the land but it just doesn't seem fair. Kinda like double taxation!

Top Bottom