Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
because they've been "hunting 360"

OK- what is this?!?! What's hunting 360? Sorry for distraction, just wondering what that is.

Thanks for 1st hand experience. I also think it's a HUGE difference to "fool" or get by the nose of a 5.5+ year old deer TIME & TIME AGAIN vs 1.5-3.5 year deer. It blows me away how stupid younger deer are in many circumstances that don't get busted when they should, I've had younger deer walk downwind when I was stinking, smelling and being a slacker all day, back and fourth I've had them be all over - then some 5.5+ year old deer come into the same scenario- NOPE, ain't gonna fly- they are GONE. Huge difference. With ANY product out there, if my buddy had 50 1.5-2.5's downwind and didn't "bust" him- I wouldn't say that's product (of ANY kind) - that's just getting by a foolish animal & I bet I could show you video of dozens of young bucks downwind from me if I was in my gym clothes on SOME occasions. But- that's not me saying some products don't work- I just look at it different based on a lot of other things (like the age of deer people have experience with for example, which is gonna come 1st hand from guys I know and I know that they know their stuff).

I am NOT comparing this product OR any other to Scent-lok & I won't make an absolute claim on Scent-lok BUT it's ridiculous how many video-weenies were saying "look folks, this scent-lok fooled em again! Wouldn't have got this XYZ deer if it weren't for Scent-lok" "See, you can forget the wind and hunt!" Showing a deer passing by down wind if you were covered in BACON GREESE wouldn't convince me to buy the bacon greese. I'm just saying, I don't put a lot of credibility in just those cheesy video claims of the past decade (NOT talking about WKP) & random video here and there "fooling" a deer's nose.

I do like hearing from folks like all of you on ANY good/bad product and I put FAR more credibility in 1st hand reports coming from buddies and folks on places like hear that give me unbiased feedback - good or bad- when I know the folks really know their crap! Too many folks don't, like the Scent-lok video monkeys (not saying yes or no on scent-lok) of the last decade. The feedback people have had that post on here is GREAT (with any product) and means a heck of a lot more than the 1995 Real Tree video with the guy with a Mullet & giant mustache saying that I need to buy Realtree Dog Turds and rub them all over my face because he shows me a 3.5 year old buck downwind of him on video- all because he smears Realtree Dog Turds all over himself.

Last edited:
To add to Skips post. I know probably 100 guys that swear by scent products ( shampoo, clothing, deoderant, wipes, detergent, etc.) And the reason is that they have had the exact same experiences as what the WKP boys are preaching now with Ozonics. One of my best buds shoots a 192" in Kansas on Drury's Whitetail Madness video that is straight down wind for more than 5 minutes (wearing Scent Blocker). Although this is not common, it happens every year to alot of guys (having bucks come in from downwind) and not getting winded. So does this mean that Scent blocker, Dead down wind, Scent Killer, Scent Lok, etc. are working or does it mean that deer aren't as "smart" as hunters give them credit for? Or is it that these hunters are just lucky? There are a bunch of different opinions on here on what works and what doesn't, and most of it is based on personal experience. It doesn't necessarily make one guy right or the next guy wrong, it just means that, that individual has confidence in the gear or products that he uses, and IMO having confidence in the gear that you use (false or not) is a mental boost when we go to the woods. And regardless of whether that products works even 5% of the time, when you combine that product with a guy that knows how to kill mature deer, it can make for positive feedback from that individual on the product used.

When Sevobuck talks about getting the Sneaky wrap around from a 140" and getting winded, It would be my best guess that he was probably calling to the animal with some sort of imitating doe or buck call and got the reaction that most bucks would give. Circling down wind and then getting nervous when the desired smell or site isn't detected should be the expected outcome to any experienced hunter, and IMO shouldn't be an "eye opening experience" to most folks. I guess if it was me, what I would have taken away from that experience was when or when not call to an animal, tree stand location and hinge cuts or downfalls so the deer have a hard time getting down wind of your stand, not "oh, I think I'll go buy an Ozonics". My point is that any product used in conjunction with good woodmanship and hunting knowledge can be a benefit, but if you just go out and act like a jackwagon in the the woods, thinking that Ozonics will fix stupidity then good luck my friend, and have fun chasing those 140"s for the rest of your career :grin:.

I'm sure Ozonics works to some degree, as I am sure most products work to some degree, but like Saskguy mentioned before, they are just deer folks and you are giving them way to much credit. Do your homework, scout your ass off, study the properties you hunt and know them inside and out, don't hunt the "wrong" winds, and I think you will be amazed at the success one can have without any aid from gadgets. There are a ton of guys on this site that have been killing big deer for years without any of this crap, so don't take offense when they laugh at you.

I honestly would use one, but can't be bothered to spend $ on such stuff. I have an absolutely killer early Sept. spot where bucks pour from huge timber into an alfalfa corner but a guy only gets the right wind for it once in a blue moon. In 3 yrs I've only been able to sneak in there twice and both times got caught napping while old bucks busted me moving before I knew they were even there. Maybe ozonics could make that spot a gimme but I am content to spend my money on my family and hope for the best in terms of hunting.

At the end of the day we all can decide what we choose to spend our $ on.

I honestly would use one, but can't be bothered to spend $ on such stuff. I have an absolutely killer early Sept. spot where bucks pour from huge timber into an alfalfa corner but a guy only gets the right wind for it once in a blue moon. In 3 yrs I've only been able to sneak in there twice and both times got caught napping while old bucks busted me moving before I knew they were even there. Maybe ozonics could make that spot a gimme but I am content to spend my money on my family and hope for the best in terms of hunting.

At the end of the day we all can decide what we choose to spend our $ on.

I'd have to say by the looks of the deer you have killed over the last few years, you have done fine without it :way: :grin:

I'd have to say by the looks of the deer you have killed over the last few years, you have done fine without it :way: :grin:

Yes, but truthfully our deer are dumber. Well, maybe not dumber, just exposed to a fraction of the pressure that deer in most states are. B/C of that I can comfortably worry about the wind and the wind only.

Yes, but truthfully our deer are dumber. Well, maybe not dumber, just exposed to a fraction of the pressure that deer in most states are. B/C of that I can comfortably worry about the wind and the wind only.

It's all relative to where you are. When I moved to Iowa, I couldn't get over how much "easier" the hunting was. I came from one of the most highly pressured states that you can hunt, where the deer walk around looking up(for real). The fact of the matter is that a 6 year old buck is challenging regardless to where you live. Doesn't matter if he is 150" or 220" he has similar habits and living styles. It would definitely be fun to live where you do, but Iowa isn't as bad as people make it seem ;)

When Sevobuck talks about getting the Sneaky wrap around from a 140" and getting winded, It would be my best guess that he was probably calling to the animal with some sort of imitating doe or buck call and got the reaction that most bucks would give. Circling down wind and then getting nervous when the desired smell or site isn't detected should be the expected outcome to any experienced hunter, and IMO shouldn't be an "eye opening experience" to most folks. I guess if it was me, what I would have taken away from that experience was when or when not call to an animal, tree stand location and hinge cuts or downfalls so the deer have a hard time getting down wind of your stand, not "oh, I think I'll go buy an Ozonics". My point is that any product used in conjunction with good woodmanship and hunting knowledge can be a benefit, but if you just go out and act like a jackwagon in the the woods, thinking that Ozonics will fix stupidity then good luck my friend, and have fun chasing those 140"s for the rest of your career :grin:.

Sounds you speak from experience;). I have had that happen to me but The Old Sneaky Wrap-Around was post-jackwagon phase and I wish it was a case of blind-calling fever. I had been scouting this area for some time and thought I had a good handle on the movement but was proven wrong. There are just so many variables when walking into the deer woods that it is impossible to account for everything. As I stated before, I feel that Ozonics gives me an edge and puts the odds back into my favor (even if it is a small amount). Also, as you stated, "confidence in the gear or products that he uses, and IMO having confidence in the gear that you use (false or not) is a mental boost when we go to the woods" Until proven otherwise the mental piece of Ozonics is worth it for me. As far as giving deer too much credit, maybe we do and maybe we don't. Sure they can't add, subtract or read out loud but I bet they have evaded every one of us more times than we will ever know and to that you must give credit. Comparing "deer wits" with "human wits" are apple and oranges and probably something that humans will never figure out but it certainly makes for a great debate...

The feedback people have had that post on here is GREAT (with any product) and means a heck of a lot more than the 1995 Real Tree video with the guy with a Mullet & giant mustache saying that I need to buy Realtree Dog Turds and rub them all over my face because he shows me a 3.5 year old buck downwind of him on video- all because he smears Realtree Dog Turds all over himself.

This thread has been completely comical and that post by Skip made me laugh outloud and people at work think I'm crazy. :D

Sign me up for a case of 1995 Realtree Dog Turds and an Ozonics and I can't wait to see what my arrow brings down this fall. :D

Who is going to come out with the scent free/camo pack mule it's going to take to haul all the gadgets into the woods that some of you talk about? :drink2:

I'm patiently waiting for the WKP - K9 Ozonics Extravaganza video. Knowing 2 of the 3 dogs that'd be involved.......that'd be a hell of a video.....some real white knuckles goin on. Sell like hotcakes I bet. Though there might be some need for parental warning stickers on the video package due to the way things could end.

Last edited:
I have an ample amount of skunks under my shed out back. I will let you come get them, and you could hang them in the tree right above your head, and I give you a 100% guarantee that they will leave a curtain that no human scent will go through.

Please, serious inquiries only.

So much foolishness.
Lets have just one last test for these products . While its been done many times.
Lets have Gregg Sesselmann or Scott Schultz dress up in the carbon and then try and explain how they were unable to do undetected from a dogs nose. All that fantastic advertising and paid endorsements won't help. Same with any other product put it to the dog test. On the video on you tube Scent Killer spray was used and the dog tailed the carbon/spray for over a mile.So much for the 99% claim. Let John Peterson spray himself down and then explain why his product failed. Same with the inventor of ozonics, which by the way can be very dangerous to any one with health conditions as warned by the EPA, let him come out a how how it works.
I read in the Scentlok trail transcripts that Lee Lakowsky said he was being winded and they were losing video footage and then he turns around and promotes the product. You can 't have it both ways. Sooner or later these guys have to come out from under a rock and own up. Myles Keller told the patent office he no longer believed that it worked and Scentlok attorneys asked him to be charged with perjury.
Hunter's are almost like addicts and need a fix and will jump at anything they think will give them an edge.

So much foolishness.
Lets have just one last test for these products . While its been done many times.
Lets have Gregg Sesselmann or Scott Schultz dress up in the carbon and then try and explain how they were unable to do undetected from a dogs nose. All that fantastic advertising and paid endorsements won't help. Same with any other product put it to the dog test. On the video on you tube Scent Killer spray was used and the dog tailed the carbon/spray for over a mile.So much for the 99% claim. Let John Peterson spray himself down and then explain why his product failed. Same with the inventor of ozonics, which by the way can be very dangerous to any one with health conditions as warned by the EPA, let him come out a how how it works.
I read in the Scentlok trail transcripts that Lee Lakowsky said he was being winded and they were losing video footage and then he turns around and promotes the product. You can 't have it both ways. Sooner or later these guys have to come out from under a rock and own up. Myles Keller told the patent office he no longer believed that it worked and Scentlok attorneys asked him to be charged with perjury.
Hunter's are almost like addicts and need a fix and will jump at anything they think will give them an edge.

Wow, hell of a first post man! Way to stir it up.

Listen, bottom line is these guys that you mention are businessmen and are trying to make a living. I think way to many guys forget that. Another member of this site and I were having this conversation yesterday. What you have to remember is most of the guys that you see on TV are making a living in the hunting industry, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are good hunters or expert woodsman. And as much as alot of guys hate that and boycott it, it's no different than any of us doing our jobs. Sure it can be hard to swallow some of the forced advice that some of these guys have to offer, but alot of the hatred stems from pure jealousy. We as hunters have to be able to form our own opinions based on our own experiences and if it just kills you to watch the outdoor channel or use these products, THAN DON'T..... I don't believe Todd came on here to push Ozonics down anyone's throat. He was just simply stating that he has had what he feels are good results with the machine. Sure it's hard to take him seriously because obviously his opinion is biased, but that doesn't mean that it may not work on some level. You have to remember that these "celebs" get to use these products before most of us so it is a no brainer that they are going to have the first opinions. My advice would be to try things for yourself and form your own opinions. It's just the way of the world, we are constantly seeing new products and advancements in all aspects of our lives, yet something about someone doing what we love for a job just grinds most guys. I love to golf, but I don't hate the dudes on the tour or the products that they push. When they say a new driver will add 10 yard to your tee shot, we all know that is bush most of the time, but you don't see people so upset about it that they won't watch the Masters on Sunday afternoon. My point is that, some products may work, some may not, but we are all responsible enough to try them and form our own opinions. How's that saying go? "don't hate the player, hate the game"! It's called marketing folks.

Last edited:
And as much as a lot of guys hate that and boycott it, it's no different than any of us doing our jobs. Sure it can be hard to swallow some of the forced advice that some of these guys have to offer, but a lot of the hatred stems from pure jealousy. We as hunters have to be able to form our own opinions based on our own experiences and if it just kills you to watch the outdoor channel or use these products, THEN DON'T!!!!........yet something about someone doing what we love for a job just grinds most guys. I love to golf, but I don't hate the dudes on the tour or the products that they push. When they say a new driver will add 10 yard to your tee shot, we all know that is bush most of the time, but you don't see people so upset about it that they won't watch the Masters on Sunday afternoon. My point is that, some products may work, some may not, but we are all responsible enough to try them and form our own opinions. How's that saying go? "don't hate the player, hate the game"! It's called marketing folks.

Very well put.

If it is as good as you say it is, why is ground scent an issue? It seems to me a 4 hour ozone treatment of clothing, should really take care of the residual ground scent as well.

Being fully dressed going to and from your stand, we are not leaving much if any human dander.. Now if you were running naked thought the forest, I would believe you would leave a fair amount behind

Give the guy a break, Jeez. If you don't believe in it don't buy the product. All the detractors own scent lock suits, thousand dollar bows equipped with sights, rests, and arrows that used to cost twenty bucks but now run over one hundred dollars for each. Hunting products are ever evolving, this might be the next great tool, who knows. How about we all go back to stick and string, wear buck skin, shoot instinctively, and shower once every two weeks. Todd, go for it. I hope the product is everything stated and you are compensated accordingly. Anyone could have thought of this product, but it happened to be you and the team you associate with. Congrats and good luck.

Last edited:
I'm just pumped that this post has 140+ replies and thus far it's been respectful for the most part.

Wow, hell of a first post man! Way to stir it up.

Listen, bottom line is these guys that you mention are businessmen and are trying to make a living. I think way to many guys forget that. Another member of this site and I were having this conversation yesterday. What you have to remember is most of the guys that you see on TV are making a living in the hunting industry, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are good hunters or expert woodsman. And as much as alot of guys hate that and boycott it, it's no different than any of us doing our jobs. Sure it can be hard to swallow some of the forced advice that some of these guys have to offer, but alot of the hatred stems from pure jealousy. We as hunters have to be able to form our own opinions based on our own experiences and if it just kills you to watch the outdoor channel or use these products, THAN DON'T..... I don't believe Todd came on here to push Ozonics down anyone's throat. He was just simply stating that he has had what he feels are good results with the machine. Sure it's hard to take him seriously because obviously his opinion is biased, but that doesn't mean that it may not work on some level. You have to remember that these "celebs" get to use these products before most of us so it is a no brainer that they are going to have the first opinions. My advice would be to try things for yourself and form your own opinions. It's just the way of the world, we are constantly seeing new products and advancements in all aspects of our lives, yet something about someone doing what we love for a job just grinds most guys. I love to golf, but I don't hate the dudes on the tour or the products that they push. When they say a new driver will add 10 yard to your tee shot, we all know that is bush most of the time, but you don't see people so upset about it that they won't watch the Masters on Sunday afternoon. My point is that, some products may work, some may not, but we are all responsible enough to try them and form our own opinions. How's that saying go? "don't hate the player, hate the game"! It's called marketing folks.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Can't put it any better! :drink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom