Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics????

If I buy an ozonics will the deer still smell my farts? :confused:

Just eat corn during hunting season and you'll be fine.

I do have one question for this Todd gent (whoever he is).

I just watched your you tube demonstration on Ozonics. It was good except for one factor. Do you purposely hunt your stands on the wrong winds? The reason I ask is that every demonstration in that video had the deer out in front of where the hunter was facing, (the way the stand was set up for deer to come from), and they would whisper to the cam " he's straight down wind right now". I don't know about you but I learned at a young age to set my stands facing the way the deer would come from and only hunt them on days when the wind was blowing the OPPOSITE direction :confused: Not sure why you and your staff set blinds up to have the wind at your back when you know the deer will be downwind. Just curious, thought maybe you found the key to killing booners and I wanted to ask. Keep on Keepin on.

Looking like its about time to shut this thread down. IMO, if you find something that gives you confidence in the stand, use it. I don't ridicule (did I spell that right?) People for offering up suggestions that I feel don't work. We all know the gig about promoting and advertising.

We all know how to stay as scent free as possible and what works for us. Keep on keeping on.. to quote Fish Fishburn "Go Hunt". Ok that's not an actual quote, just felt appropriate..

hunting season isnt close enough... but I agree with most of the guys on this thread...as I was a "pot stirrer" in the last one..:drink1:

No, we don't set our stands to purposely have our wind blowing to where we believe the deer will be coming from. We are just not that good at predicting I guess!

What's worse, a guy promoting a product he KNOWS WORKS BASED ON 3 YEARS OF USE; or the rest of these "professional" hunters who are pushing products that do absolutely NOTHING in preventing a whitetail in winding you.

Thanks for the feedback regardless. Judging by the PM's I'm getting, we are reaching guys who have open minds to a new technology!

That is the beauty of it Todd. There is no such thing as bad press. These threads run forever and reach a lot of people. We all knock down ozonics quite a bit but I bet these threads still sell quite a bit of them. I will say you handle yourself well. Goodluck this fall everyone.

No, we don't set our stands to purposely have our wind blowing to where we believe the deer will be coming from. We are just not that good at predicting I guess!

What's worse, a guy promoting a product he KNOWS WORKS BASED ON 3 YEARS OF USE; or the rest of these "professional" hunters who are pushing products that do absolutely NOTHING in preventing a whitetail in winding you.

Thanks for the feedback regardless. Judging by the PM's I'm getting, we are reaching guys who have open minds to a new technology!

I think you have hit the nail on the head, thus resulting in this discussion. :way:

For the record, I have never promoted a product I truely didn't believe made me a better hunter. It's why I use the stands I use, the camo I wear, and the equipment I shoot. In many cases, my taste in performance has eliminated sponsorship oportunities - and I'm ok with that. I got into this because I love to HUNT. If money was the goal, I'd be like nearly every other professional out there.

I happen to know many of the popular hunting professionals out there. I know their opinions on scent elimination, and they knowingly promote products they know make little or no difference in their hunt. They have to pay the TV show costs, so they are forced to promote many things they don't necessarily want to. That's why I'm not on TV.

The best part, some of these people are the FACES of scent elimination brands, and have an ozonic's in the tree and/or ground blind while they are hunting. With that being said, it doesn't effect me so I don't care. I just know what I'm promoting works, and won't back down defending it!

Thanks all, and I appreciate your feedback.

Todd, just my unprofessional opinion but the word professional is thrown around way too much. What makes someone a pro? My neighbor kills giants every year but doesn't share them. Are you more pro than him? Does someone have to film their hunts and throw them onto a DVD to be a pro?

IMO, if a company(s) pays a hunter to promote their products (via web, tv, DVD, etc...) then he's being paid to hunt, thus a professional. Being a professional hunter doesn't mean JACK IMO about the skills of a particular hunter. It's just a word, but I use it to describe people who get paid in some way shape or form to hunt and promote products.

For the record, I'm a professional Tree Trimmer who likes to hunt. Sure seems that way most of the time anyway....

Todd. You are a professional. Payed or not I don't care. I'm going to continue to purchase DVD's and products from you. Honesty goes along ways for me and I know your not out to endorse junk products. And the wicked saw, how much of a better example is there. A guy that was tired of junk products creates his own. Good job and keep up the good work.

Rich77 said:
Todd. You are a professional. Payed or not I don't care. I'm going to continue to purchase DVD's and products from you. Honesty goes along ways for me and I know your not out to endorse junk products. And the wicked saw, how much of a better example is there. A guy that was tired of junk products creates his own. Good job and keep up the good work.

I couldn't agree more. I'm a huge fan of white knuckle and I check whitetailsinc everyday for new episode. I love what ur doing Todd. And ur doing one hell of a job. Keep it up! Definitely have a huge fan here!!!

I was wondering if enough of these were running would it fix the hole in the ozone layer?

Todd, Al Gore may be giving you an award! :D

I won't own an ozonics and have never hunted with one. But what's the huge deal here guys. I know it's getting close to season but holy shambles folks. Bashing a guy for giving his honest opinion on a product? Give it a rest. Saying Todd has no credibility in Iowa. Wow. Jealousy is a sad thing. The guy moved here to chase mature whitetails. If he decides not to shoot one. Who the hell cares. I could produce a video with 10 turkey kills a year and 5-7 pope and young bucks a year if I really wanted to. Do I, no.... not my cup of tea. But I do like watching the white knuckle crew, quit bashing a guy for making a living doing what we all wish we had the balls to do. I don't care if he hunts out of a hot air balloon filled with ozonics machines. He's entitled to do what he pleases as are all of you. I've only spoke with the guy a few times. If you think anybody from whiteknuckle is out to pad their pockets by promoting junk products then your crazy. If any of you want to try it, go for it. If it doesn't work for you then send the thing back. Ifn it doesn't interest you then dont buy it. Plain and simple. This is a deer hunting forum not a pissing match. Its stuff like this is why I hardly ever post. I hope everybody kills a booner this year. Fabreeze, skunk esence, watermelon flavored bubble gum, a big cigar, or ozonics I don't Ca're what you use for scent control. Goodluck to everyone this year and be safe

Between me, my family and friends. I'll bet the farm on it. 6 people and 2 buck tags each. Do the math. This sight used to be enjoyable before a few fellas got their panties all in a bunch

One acreage? I don't believe that was mentioned. I just stated that it could and has been done. We still video a bit for fun but nothing serious. Sorry if I ruffled a bunch of feathers with my opinions. I'll do my best to keep to myself. Goodluck to everyone this season

Top Bottom