Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Party hunting for archery and muzzleloader season?

I would have to vote no on both.The party hunting loophole does not need to be widened. This is really just an attempt to increase the NR quota.

Re: Party hunting for archery and muzzleloader sea

NO, NO

Very surprised to hear anything like this- how about asking whether we should disallow party hunting during shotgun seasons. Lets just do away with it all together!

Just think how many bucks would die during the rut if party hunting were made legal with a bow it would be the ultimate destruction of Iowa. Shotgun season is abused enough, bow season would be ridiculous. I say No to both.
blush.gif

No to party hunting for archery.
No to party hunting for muzzleloader.
No to party hunting for shotgun.

The only reason we started this "tradition" is because we didn't know how to hunt deer 50 years ago. So, we hunted them like rabbits. The Sioux had a tradition of running bison over cliffs too. I don't think they have hung on to that tradition. Sorry for the sarcasm. That's just how I feel after many years of party hunting.

Man, This just keeps getting crazier and crazier!!! NO! and NO!

Have to agree with Booner - What next???

Major NO on both issues.
nono.gif

Better get a hold of your reps fellas!

NO and NO.
Party hunting and the chaos that goes with it is the reason I quit shotgun hunting.
Group hunting, including the use of drives, is perfectly legal right now for both bow and muzzleloader as long as everybody has a valid tag and shoots their own deer. Nobody does it, not archery anyway, because it simply wouldnt work well. So what would be the purpose of permiting "party" hunting, if not just for the purpose of opening loopholes?

Once again, thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention WJS.

NO and NO

Before we put more holes in the dam...maybe we should focus on plugging the ones that exist. This is becoming a contest of some taking buckets of water to the lake while others punch holes in the dam.

Quote from a NR about party hunting...

[ QUOTE ]
As adament as Iowa residents seem to be against nr hunters, I'm surprised that nobody complains about party hunting. If I don't draw a bow tag to hunt my Tama County farm, I can get an anterless tag for gun season. The farmer who leases my land can get 2 buck tags, and so can his son. Now they don't even have hunting rights to my land. So I give them permission to hunt my land for does only, and I party hunt with them, and I can legally shoot 4 bucks. Is this good for quality deer hunting. Absolutely not. Party hunting is great for QDM because it helps get some does killed. So why doesn't Iowa make party hunting legal for doe only?
Non-resident landowners can hunt every year because, with party hunting, they don't need buck tags to legally kill bucks. So while some of you worry about how many nr tags will be sold, us non residents are quietly buying up the best hunting land in Iowa, at bargain prices. And guess what? Once we own it, you won't be hunting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite possibly the WORST idea I have yet to hear from the Iowa Legislature. They might as well invite every Outfitter into Iowa, and hand out either-sex tags to every Tom, [censored] and Harry non-resident...

As it is now, NR antlerless tags are simply "temptation" tags. This proposed law is THE backdoor legalization of said tags. I'm sure Outfitters everywhere are quivering in their boots with anticipation to see this passed.
cussing.gif

It's disgusting to think that we have representatives claiming to be championing the rights of Iowa bowhunters, to share with them the same privilege of party hunting...
crazy.gif

Clearly 99.99% of all IOWA bowhunters are COMPLETELY opposed to this measure
mad.gif

START CALLING, WRITING AND EMAILING YOUR REPRESENTATIVES YESTERDAY!!!

Well Willy it looks like you have gotten your answer. I have been and will continue to be a supporter of party hunting for lots of reasons other than just killing bucks, however I absolutly don't want to see it in bow hunting. I could maybe make a case for it in the muzzle loading season but don't really see the need there either. The shotgun seasons and late antlerless season offer plenty of chances for those hunters who enjoy this style of hunting, and the bow hunters and muzzle hunters should have times to enjoy their style as well. Having said that I don't see anything wrong with a couple of guys moving or bumping deer toward bow or muzzle loader hunters in a slow and relaxed manner. Our family group have made drives for years and vast majority of deer were shot either standing or slowly walking. The only running shots were those deer that broke out at the very last minute and most of those were too close to hunters to shoot at. Any way add me to the no colums for both.

I agree with Liv on the party bowhunting. I think that more people would be apt to shoot younger(smaller) deer during the archery season if they knew that they could keep hunting legally for a bigger one. Kind of like caribou hunting in areas were you can take 2 caribou, you always get that first one out of the way on the first descent bull you see. I think party bowhunting may have the same effect. It could possibly ruin Iowa's trophy buck structure by killing too many younger deer.

So NO to party bowhunting (it's damb near ridiculous to even have to debate in the first place)

and NO to party muzzleloading for bascally the same reasons.

In my opinion, even party shotgun hunting has negative effects on quality deer, but it does drastically help herd numbers and not to mention it is part of the American life for us hunters in general. So, I won't mess with it cuz even I like to get out and socialize with friends during the shotgun season.

Have to add another pair of NO's to this thread. It makes absolutely no sense for bow hunting and there's already enough opportunity to party hunt without screwing up late muzzleloading season. For me, the attraction of late muzzle is the chance to let things quiet back down and go out on my own without having to worry about an orange army shooting everything in sight.

ABSOLUTELY NO AND NO!!!!!!
mad.gif
I don't even think it should be allowed for shotgun season except for does to help control the population. As far as I'm concerned anyone that argues that they should be able to shoot someone elses buck in the group is just damn greedy and has no ethics to begin with.
mad.gif
Enough of my rant but that's how I feel about party hunting in general.

No and No. With that being said I will just shake my head in disbelief.

No and No! Who comes up with this crap. Obviously not dedicated deer hunters.

Top Bottom