Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

picked up a little blingbling over the weekend

teeroy

Life Member
went duck hunting saturday. blasted a buck with my truck on the way, but seeing my first mallard ever, come to shore sportin silver on both feet took a little of the sting off

duckbands.jpg

duckbands_closeup.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a duck hunter. What does that signify? </div></div>

It's somebody's pet. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a duck hunter. What does that signify? </div></div>

That it was dumb enough to get caught twice, then shot. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not a duck hunter. What does that signify? </div></div>

That it was dumb enough to get caught twice, then shot. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>
Either that or he shot it at the petting zoo.

DOR,
The DNR types catch and band birds to study migration patterns, etc. Seems this poor guy was caught twice. When you shoot a banded bird, you are supposed to report where it was taken. Shooting a banded bird (one with jewelry) is the waterfowlers trophy.

was either of them worth anything?? I think you are all missing the point. How big was the buck

buck was a unicorn cross. one spike, maybe 10 inches, main frame 4 on the other side, buck, truck pics elsewhere in the harvest section. not sure if the duck was caught twice. i'll know more when the certificate gets here. the second band, says "$10 reward". the DNR has had trouble with people not reporting bands, so they grease ya with a little cash. when the certificate gets here, i'll know when and where the bird was banded, and how old he was, and i assume, if he had been caught twice. a few weeks after the certificate gets here, i'll get a check for ten bucks. duck bands are pretty coveted. i shot 2 ducks, and after the dog brought the banded one in, i was told if the second one had a band, i was getting tackled in the pond. i was really hoping to have to wrestle my way out, but the gadwall, was nekkid.

Any of you taxidermist's on here know if it would be possible to get that duck mounted with both bands on it?? Because that would be friggin' sweet!

Congrats on the banded mallard. Those reward bands are hard to come by.

As far as mounting the bird with them, they temporarily remove them and put them back on.

Sweetness my good man. SWEETNESS!

I have have seen geese with neck bands and ankle bling, but never a mallard with both.

SWEETNESS!

Dean

i'm still trying to decide if i'm going to get him mounted. his color/markings weren't the greatest. i'm going to wait and see what the certificates say. if he is old as the hills, or has a unique story, i may

My brother shot a goose with a $100 reward band a few years ago. That's definately a speacial duck kill. If you were in my boat and the first mallard you ever shot came back sporting those you'd have been swimming back!

Top Bottom