Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

pics of our rye fields

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
Here are some pics of our rye fields, we actually have 380 acres of rye on our land!!! We rent the farm land out to some farmers and we have a contract with a hog unit near by that has 25,000 hogs on it!! All the hog manure is spread on the fields then they have to plant rye on the fields to soak up some of the manure! Talk about deer attractant, the turkeys love it too!!!!
ryw.jpg

Do they till the rye in the spring or no-till plant into it? Killed rye makes a good mulch to prevent erosion on those hills. It's also a great soil builder and helps prevent soil compaction. Once it takes off in the spring...it grows extemely fast!
Great picture...but I'm glad the 25,000 hogs are over your way!
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...but I'm glad the 25,000 hogs are over your way!
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN to that one. They are trying to put some down the road from me.

I believe they disk it up and put in corn in the spring, those hogs are loud and if the wind is in the right direction you can get a wiff of them too!!

[ QUOTE ]
AMEN to that one. They are trying to put some down the road from me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Ryan how bout' those chickens!!
grin.gif

Yep, I heard that. You attending the meeting this coming Monday?
May need to be strappin.

"What's with the chickens? Someone want to put in a big chicken farm??"

They already did. About 10 million of the stinking bastards, give or take, and more on the way. The flies are nice too I hear.

bet you pray for drought every year... rain + that many chickens = STANK, even if they're under a roof

Top Bottom