Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Progress Report - WI Plots (8/18 update)

tlambert

PMA Member
Well, got out yesterday at my dad's up in West Central WI to check out his plots before heading back to IA. Its all sand country up there, so we never know how things will work out.

Here's the Alfalfa/Rye plot he put in less than 2 weeks ago.
Alfalfa_Rye.JPG

Close up
Alfalfa_Rye2.JPG

Corn and Beans
Beans_Corn.JPG

Beans
Beans1.JPG

Deer have really been nipping off the beans
Nipped_Beans.JPG

Little guy enjoying a noon time snack
Fawn.JPG

I think the black bears have been enjoying things too. This was under an apple tree and about 100yds away was a bigger pile full of apple peelings.
Bear.JPG

Re: Progress Report - WI Plots

Was any alfalfa coming up or mostly Rye? I have had no problem growing rye but alfalfa owns me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The alfalfa is really small in that close up pic, but its coming in really good. I'll get some more pics when I'm up there this weekend.

I can always appreciate a pic of a nice pile of poo.. hehe
Looks like the plots are doing their job /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Great looking plots for such sandy soil! Looks like a helluva spot! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the black bears have been enjoying things too </div></div>

Cool! The turkeys blasting out of the trees in the dark is bad enough... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Plots look great! Timely rains come in handy on the lighter ground...looks like they are getting all the right stuff! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom