Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Propane shortage

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
This weather is unbelievable. In MN we had 4 more inches of snow and now 40 mph winds... -45 below wind chills tomorrow

Now we have a propane shortage! Prices are way up. We heat with propane, how many on here are affected by this?

Anyone have back up wood heat??

It's hard to even buy propane for the fish house at this price

Last edited:
propane

i just paid 1002.29 for 200 gallons in south central Iowa. Might get me by to the end of Feb if it warms up a little.

We have a pellet stove and corn furnace, only problem is the corn furnace doesn't have duct work ran.

The wind may blow the house over tonight it is already shaking.. we ain't in Kansas anymore toto

Last edited:
Talk about some serious price gouging. Ridiculous if ya ask me. Im hoping my summer fill contract will get me through the winter.

I heard LP is $5/gal in my area right now.... thankfully I have a Hardy outdoor burner! The only appliances on LP right now are my stove, and it maintains my hot water heater. I feel for you guys on straight LP

Last edited:
They just put 300 gallons in my tank Monday at $1.39. I should have enough on my contract to get me through. Hopefully they honor the price. I've been burning a lot in the fireplace to supplement this year.

Propane prices here were a joke about 4 yrs ago so I switched over to a wood boiler and now use propane as a backup. Haven't burned any of it in 4 winters.

Are neighbors have only been able to buy within 75-150 gallons. If I heard right they bought it for about 4.79 a gallon... We just went out and bought some electric heaters for now.

Yeah, I'm a little worried. I've got about 280 gal left, and I am hoping to make it to March. Hopefully I can go that long and not pay more for less than half of what I've bought so far.

I heard that they reversed the pipe line line to send the natural gas out. Which is part of why it is so high

Paid $700some for a 150 gallons the other day. That's all we could buy, this is in Warren county.

Same as gasoline. Gouging and multiple stories for excuses. Was only a couple yrs ago media was saying there was a glut of natural gas and propane. These International companies have us by the you -know-whats!

I did a prepay summer contract here in SW Iowa. The owner came around with a letter. I paid for the gallons and he didn't contract it so hes limiting me!!!!! Lawsuit time.

Top Bottom