Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

pursuit herbicide on native grass

I recently drilled in 10 acres of native grass and seem to have a flush of foxtail coming in despite having hit it with 2 quarts /acre of glyphosate 2 weeks prior to drilling. it seems my burndown was inhibited by cool temperatures (mid april) and heavy rains.I have already mowed once and the foxtail is grown back up to 10-12 inches.I was told to use pursuit at 4 ounces to the acre along with ams and mso and went and bought a gallon to the tune of $504.00. in reading the labeling it speaks of use on foxtail up to 3 inches in height. My question is should i mow again to get a shorter grass height and then spray,spray at the current height for more leaf area uptake or forget spraying altogether and just continue mowing? I also have a partial bottle of plateau and was told it was the same as pursuit, can anyone confirm this? thanks for the help.

You will probably be disappointed on how the pursuit will work once the foxtail has started growning. It does have burndown to it, but very little. I would also watch spraying it on small native grasses, in case it does take effect, it may damage your natives also.

[ QUOTE ]
I also have a partial bottle of plateau and was told it was the same as pursuit, can anyone confirm this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had time to check the label on pursuit...but I don't think it is at all like Plateau!

Plateau will kill the foxtail if used properly...I know...I have the worst foxtail problem in the state!!
blush.gif
grin.gif

I've used Plateau for many years...it's amazing stuff!
cool.gif

I had the same problem here in PA 2 years ago when I planted 6ac of NWSG. I just kept mowing the foxtail that first year ...I think 3 times. Then sprayed the stand with Plateau in late April the following Spring. Haven't seen any foxtail since. I think you could safely use Journey at that time as well.

Plateau herbicide in pasture

I was following a thread discussing herbicides that were good for foxtails. Doubletree responded that Plateau was great for foxtails if properly used. Can Doulbletree respond with the proper use for Plateau, or anyone else that has used it with sucess?

We have pastures in Southern Oregon that are thick with foxtail on the edges and looks like they are moving into the center. We couldn't hay this year because of the foxtails.

When is the best time to apply Plateau? I've heard that it may hurt your fescue and perrenial and annual rye.

Nobody here can tell me about it. The extension agent told me there was nothing available for foxtails.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Top Bottom