Question on Seeder

deer.man1

I plan on doing some frost seeding soon and Im intersted in getting a rack mounted seeder for my atv. I want to be able to use it on a variety of seeds, clover, milo, praire grass, etc. Does anybody have any recomendations due to their own personal experience. Thanks

I don't have an ATV so I can't help you out with that question, I use mostly a handseeder....

BagSpreader.jpg

or one of these on the back of a tractor...

Adjustspreader.jpg

I just bought a new earthway hand seeder, but I havent tried it out yet. I checked on the earthway atv seeders, but they dont really recommend them on prairie grass seed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they dont really recommend them on prairie grass seed. </div></div>

Sorry I missed that part...you need one of these, for fluffy native grass seed...

TRUAX SEED SLINGER

atv-mount.jpg

Thanks Skully for the info, I checked on the price for the Traux and its 540 bucks, a little to steep I think. Ill check out the Moultrie.

I have a Herd seeder and really like it. It has a agitator in it. I used it to frost seed switch grass last year and have frost seeded clover and pasture grass with it also.

Back