Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
This is how long it took me to finally put a review in their website & finally post here…. I’ve been PATIENT!!!!! 3-4 years now…. Day one, new Apex….. battery died in everything between 10 to 30 mins. Incredibly fast. What did I do those immediate first days?!?!? OF COURSE!!!!… I called in and emailed in. I have called in 3 times since & then figured I’d only email so it was DOCUMENTED so I can back it up when I made this review. 3-4 phone calls, 4-5 emails is my current GUESS on how many contacts I’ve had. Even had them say “we’ll get this resolved”. Then no calls or emails back. I called & emailed a few times a year. Frustrated with lack of response…. Tried escalating it up. NOTHING.

& listen - I have every farm implement, machine & tool known to man - I know stuff breaks!!!! I get defects, I do! & I’m the last guy to be a “negative person” but speaking negatively when it’s absolutely warranted in business- think it’s right thing to do for other consumers!!!

When a “top price” product doesn’t work from day 1 & after YEARS the company gets the calls & emails- when does a guy throw in the towel? I’m done now. Not contacting them again. Posted review on their site. & here’s the ironic part…. My homemade bikes have kept me going at a fraction of the cost. I’ve also read good reviews on other bike companies. Quiet Kat on the other hand…. Never seen anything like it!!! If u buy a new truck & motor goes out next day- u expect an immediate solution. I’m 3-4 years into waiting. Done waiting. Glorified paper weight in my garage. Maybe I’ll make a harness for a donkey & have the donkey tow the bike around???? To say customer support is “poor” would be generous. It’s NON-EXISTENT!!!! The warranty on new expensive bike means ZERO!!! Dunno who has the best hunting bike with best service but I can tell u who is at bottom of list!!

That’s my experience & review on the quiet kat Apex Bike. Any quiet kat- if u have issues - oh my gosh…. Not good. Never again for this guy. Heads up to others!!!!
26D9AD4E-4182-4BEB-BF38-0023F4563AD1.png

The key to getting the Ebikes fixed under warranty is to have a good local dealer who is also a bike mechanic go to bat for you and get things fixed. Companies respond bettter to big dealers who buy 50 bikes a year and get them the parts they need. THey also are better equipped to diagnose exactly what is wrong. I was worried QUietKat would suffer when they got bought out by vista so have withheld ordering bikes from them the last few years. I get great service from Rambo, my main bike supplier, as they are now based out of Iowa - They've even delivered stuff straight to my by a company truck same day before instead of shipping it when time was of essence - great company to work with.

Think of it this way, if you have a newer Pickup Truck or Washing Machine and your water pump is causing issues - will they just send you a new one just for asking or are they going to say sorry, you need to take that to a dealer? Bows are the same way, most will not send parts to an individual, they will only send parts to one of their dealers.

How do you build your own? Where you get your components to build your own?
Big can of worms.
I’d probably buy a high quality bike that’s already built. Just saves a lot of time. But if u wanna take time to build one- check out e-bike forums on it.

Curious why you guys would not just buy a electric Side by side ? The trailer issue? Man I’d go that route, in almost all cases !

Far less expensive, but same issue....

Bought a brand new middle buster for planting miscanthus. Check out how it showed up! Have yet to hear back from Titan. If they don't respond, I will just turn it over to my cc company. AMEX is good at handling things. :)

20230320_161143.jpg
20230320_162228.jpg

For what its worth I just purchased an EBike. It should be here tomorrow. I will get it setup and put it through a bit of testing. I would never spend the money QuietKat or Rambo want. Plain and simply they are up-charging about 500% or more Id bet. I will make a video with my review and post it. Hopefully all goes well and then it will be a MUCH better option than $5700 for a bike.

Curious why you guys would not just buy a electric Side by side ? The trailer issue? Man I’d go that route, in almost all cases !
I have a very nice sxs Ranger but to take to a farm away from home involves hooking up a trailer, loading ranger, strapping down, unstrapping & unloading when i get there, Redoing the whole loading thing after the hunt and unloading when i get home as well as unhooking trailer and putting ranger back in shed.

With the bike i simply set it on my hitch mounted hauler rack and tighten down - literally 10-20 seconds to put on or off and i dont have to unload at night, just pull the truck in the shop with the bike still attached. Makes a ton of difference in time when you hunt every day and sometimes twice a day. Plus i just lay it on the ground under the stand while i hunt - never spooked a deer doing that in 6 years of riding in on an E-bike.

For what its worth I just purchased an EBike. It should be here tomorrow. I will get it setup and put it through a bit of testing. I would never spend the money QuietKat or Rambo want. Plain and simply they are up-charging about 500% or more Id bet. I will make a video with my review and post it. Hopefully all goes well and then it will be a MUCH better option than $5700 for a bike.
70% of the bikes we sell run from $1299-1999 - $25% are $2100-3999, only maybe 5% are over $4000

I have a very nice sxs Ranger but to take to a farm away from home involves hooking up a trailer, loading ranger, strapping down, unstrapping & unloading when i get there, Redoing the whole loading thing after the hunt and unloading when i get home as well as unhooking trailer and putting ranger back in shed.

With the bike i simply set it on my hitch mounted hauler rack and tighten down - literally 10-20 seconds to put on or off and i dont have to unload at night, just pull the truck in the shop with the bike still attached. Makes a ton of difference in time when you hunt every day and sometimes twice a day. Plus i just lay it on the ground under the stand while i hunt - never spooked a deer doing that in 6 years of riding in on an E-bike.
I see the point. Depends on the situation. For me, driving in after dark seems safer in a side by side , second it’s already there to haul the deer out if I shoot one !

To each it’s own.

Most of the time I walk anyway. Good exercise!

I see the point. Depends on the situation. For me, driving in after dark seems safer in a side by side , second it’s already there to haul the deer out if I shoot one !

To each it’s own.

The way I understand it is you can drive/ride right past deer and they just look at you and don't care too terribly much. They don't exactly know what to make of you but apparently don't find you as a threat. I will report most on this after a season of use.

To each it’s own.

I had an electric side by side. Died in the cold way too often. Had to tow it back. Noisy, can’t transport like a bike. Cost 10x what a bike costs.
I just like bikes for LONG WALKS…. Cuts that area so fast & no SWEATING!!! I get tons of exercise so I’m far from lazy but I hate getting to spots all sweaty. Get there so quick, so silent & fast it’s no brainer IMO. Throw in back of truck & toss in weeds where deer aren’t gonna be by it - money!!!

I would never buy one if: strapped for cash (like me as a new hunter) or if I didn’t have lots of long walks. Small areas & short walks- no need for one.

Good timing for this post, I've been doing research and would like to have one for this hunting season. Would love others' experiences with them on what they have and are happy with. I like the Rambo price range, but have not heard good things about their customer service. I know there are dealers/service techs that sell them on IW which may provide better service, but I'm not near one to my knowledge. Been looking at Coffman Outdoors line which I've heard good things about. I just don't know many people with them and am terrified of having the experience Skip shared, so have been slow to move on one

Good timing for this post, I've been doing research and would like to have one for this hunting season. Would love others' experiences with them on what they have and are happy with. I like the Rambo price range, but have not heard good things about their customer service. I know there are dealers/service techs that sell them on IW which may provide better service, but I'm not near one to my knowledge. Been looking at Coffman Outdoors line which I've heard good things about. I just don't know many people with them and am terrified of having the experience Skip shared, so have been slow to move on one
I have done a ton of research as well over the last few weeks. I finally settled on one that has great reviews. Several YouTube videos are out there on it. I am hoping to have a good review of my own this week yet. The one I bought is not targeted at the hunting industry per say so it is considerably cheaper and it also has a 1000w motor which was something I really wanted.

I will post a video here probably Sunday(as long as it shows up) and give my honest opinion.

Take it with a grain of salt because i am a dealer but my advise is to buy from a dealer - most of the complaints i am hearing are from people who buy bikes direct and then have issues dealing with warranty and repair. Rambo has been absolutely fantastic for me on warranty and service, As a Rambo dealer, I have my own inhouse contact person at Rambo that knows me and my business and gets things done really fast and easy - and i get excellent service.

Also be very wary of some of the online bike brands - many are online-only and have no dealer base in the USA at all. Getting parts and service is almost impossible as you are dealing with someone in CHina that already has your money for your bike and doesnt really care if it works or not. Get a bad rep for bad bikes, just change the name, start a new website and BOOM - back in business. I've been selling E-bikes for almost 7 years now and have heard tons of those horror stories.

I recently bought a bakcou Kodiak. I’m truly impressed with how easy it is for a fat ass like me (300#) to ride. Still too muddy to get into farm fields for now. But I can’t wait to get out and explore silently. Definitely need to upgrade to better seat. I was going to buy online until I found out gunrunr was a dealer. I like having a local person to be able to service if needed. People forget that part of what you get when you buy local is service.

Take it with a grain of salt because i am a dealer but my advise is to buy from a dealer - most of the complaints i am hearing are from people who buy bikes direct and then have issues dealing with warranty and repair. Rambo has been absolutely fantastic for me on warranty and service, As a Rambo dealer, I have my own inhouse contact person at Rambo that knows me and my business and gets things done really fast and easy - and i get excellent service.
In the price range of the $1299-$1999, what is the best reliable bike for the average hunter?

Top Bottom